• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Buying a house and putting an offer in today."

Collapse

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Someone once told me that normally decent people do 'funny' things when it comes to selling cars and houses. Something to do with the large sums involved. Actually, perhaps it just shows their true colours - bit like having a one too many drinks.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Bummer a bit too late, have asked for a few additions, to be fair some of it will save him a few grand.
    Just don't seen too keen.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Budget? Tell them that's what it's worth to you. Agree that you don't want them to think you've fallen in love with it.
    Bummer a bit too late, have asked for a few additions, to be fair some of it will save him a few grand.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
    I'm not too sure about talking about addons/builders as they'll get the impression you've mentally moved in.

Do you need to give a reason to offer under the asking price apart from saying that's your budget?

Good luck
    Budget? Tell them that's what it's worth to you. Agree that you don't want them to think you've fallen in love with it.

Leave a comment:

• SeededLoaf
    replied
    I'm not too sure about talking about addons/builders as they'll get the impression you've mentally moved in.

Do you need to give a reason to offer under the asking price apart from saying that's your budget?

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    That's not what it says on the wall of the end cubicle in the gents at Wigan Wallgate.
    Alas I've never been to Wigan....

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Need more than fosters - a large bottle of gin at least.
    That's not what it says on the wall of the end cubicle in the gents at Wigan Wallgate.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I was going to keep one and sub it out to you for the other.
    Need more than fosters - a large bottle of gin at least.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Gosh you are cheap.
    I was going to keep one and sub it out to you for the other.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Unopened and within 12 months of Use by date?
    Gosh you are cheap.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Well, I was hoping if I bunged you a couple of cans of fosters you could pop up for the open day.
    Unopened and within 12 months of Use by date?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    It is bit half arsed as well. Better to wait for the open day, and bung a score and two litres of cider each to the local unsavoury youth, to hang around for the day.
    Well, I was hoping if I bunged you a couple of cans of fosters you could pop up for the open day.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Am guessing you're up north where £20k equates to about 50% of the asking price.
    I wish that was the case but desirable locations cost money, even up North.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Am guessing you're up north where £20k equates to about 50% of the asking price.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Unfortunately, that suggestion is rather underhand and not my cup of tea. Also, i don't have a couple of friends!
    It is bit half arsed as well. Better to wait for the open day, and bung a score and two litres of cider each to the local unsavoury youth, to hang around for the day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X