• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tact

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tact"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    As Mordac will tell you, I am a master of tack.
    Based on your new website I'd be inclined to agree.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    I am just struggling with how pathetic it is. The muppet is charged at £2k a day, and leaves promptly at 5pm to pick-up the sprog.
    Feck me, tell them I can put them in touch with at least half-a-dozen people who could write that kind of stuff properly at less than a quarter of the cost!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Well, hey, MF, you are more tactful (and witty) than some here.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    As Mordac will tell you, I am a master of tack. You have to be subtle.

This week on a conference call to the US I was asked on the performance of the sales system they were using. The developer and his boss were in the room. So I told them
    'It looks like something that Blue Peter would've knocked up!'.
    'Oh whats Blue Peter?' was the question from the yanks
    'Oh it's tv show where they make stuff out of sticky back plastic'
    'Oh....' then silence.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    FFS, clueless!
    [SIZE=24]FFFFFS Rhetorical ![/SIZE]
    Last edited by Churchill; 8 December 2006, 15:48.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    How about "Do you realise that x% of this document can be found on the internet using Google?"

Oh FFS!
    Oh FFFFS Rhetorical !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Thanks Paddy, what a good (and scary) idea.

HTF do I tell PM is this is the case
    How about "Do you realise that x% of this document can be found on the internet using Google?"

Oh FFS!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy
    Hint: Copy and paste some phases into Google. See if there are match. I’ve found that most crapus docus are plagiarised snippets off the net.

Thanks Paddy, what a good (and scary) idea.

HTF do I tell PM is this is the case

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Today I'm reviewing a document produced by one of the 'big4'.

What a load of b*llocks.

I'm able to provide a detailed assessment of what they are saying, and what is missing, or just completely wrong. However, I'm struggling with how to tactfully say it is a load of tulipe, as tact is not my strong point, I know you've probably not noticed.

Any clues ?
    Hint: Copy and paste some phases into Google. See if there are match. I’ve found that most crapus docus are plagiarised snippets off the net.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Quit moaning and get on with it.

HTH

Oh, sorry this was a thread about tact
    Last edited by sasguru; 8 December 2006, 14:50.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    It's probably recycled from another job.
    That's standard practice across all industries, why think of something new when something that will pass as acceptable already exists

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    It's probably recycled from another job. In fact knowing which of the Big4 you're referring to, I'm almost certain of it. Probably produced by an FTV muppet who hadn't even seen the end client, did a few "find and replace's" and submitted. Just come back with a whole load of questions, they were probably hoping you wouldn't spot their ineptitude.

Cheers Mordy, yes, I am sure this is the case. I am just struggling with how pathetic it is. The muppet is charged at £2k a day, and leaves promptly at 5pm to pick-up the sprog.

I'm pretty much there in terms of the factual review, and I suppose my opinion can be it is 'inadequate' nicely...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Today I'm reviewing a document produced by one of the 'big4'.

What a load of b*llocks.

I'm able to provide a detailed assessment of what they are saying, and what is missing, or just completely wrong. However, I'm struggling with how to tactfully say it is a load of tulipe, as tact is not my strong point, I know you've probably not noticed.

Any clues ?
    It's probably recycled from another job. In fact knowing which of the Big4 you're referring to, I'm almost certain of it. Probably produced by an FTV muppet who hadn't even seen the end client, did a few "find and replace's" and submitted. Just come back with a whole load of questions, they were probably hoping you wouldn't spot their ineptitude.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    factually detail what they are saying
    factually detail what is missing
    factually detail what is wrong

Describing it as tulipe is expressing your own view on the matter. Leave that bit out.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Yeah, I'll come and do it for £600/day...

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X