• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contracting in Austria"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Bavaria and Austria really get to choose. Language is absolutley used as a filter.
    echt?!

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Austria is a big ask. You might want to cut your teeth in North Rhine-Westphalia, or Frankfurt first. Perhaps Switzerland. Berlin if you are young and of interest to start ups.

Bavaria and Austria really get to choose. Language is absolutley used as a filter.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Austria is the racist end of Germany. They don’t even like Germans. What do you think your chances are of depriving a local youth of a job?
    Particularly when project management isn’t exactly a niche skill (or much of a skill TBH).
    That's total bolony - UK of course is the country of perfect living morals and attitudes...

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by ContractorVienna View Post
    Hi

I am an IT project manager and I'm considering re-locating. Can anyone advise on contracting in Austria? Is it possible to find jobs if I my German is very basic?

Thank you!
    All project managers should at least try to emigrate to Austria or France would be better. Have a go at ******* up their IT projects.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Austria is the racist end of Germany. They don’t even like Germans. What do you think your chances are of depriving a local youth of a job?
    Particularly when project management isn’t exactly a niche skill (or much of a skill TBH).
    Harsh indeed but not far from the truth, especially up the hills meeting the local farmers! Feck me they'd give Farage a run for his money.

You'll not have a problem with language.

In the winter of your life how will you think about this moment if you never tried? Regret not what you've done but what you've not.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    I am an IT project manager and I'm considering re-locating. Can anyone advise on contracting in Austria? Is it possible to find jobs if I my German is very basic?
    They all speak English there, but with a funny accent....

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Tschüss Papa!

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Harsh , but fair

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Hi

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• madame SasGuru
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    No chance.
    Wrong, many companies have English as their corporate language. All Austrian banks for instance use English as their business language outside of branches.

That’s not to say things will be easy, but I do know people in Austria whose German is rather basic.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    viel Glück damit

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    No chance.

Leave a comment:

• ContractorVienna
    started a topic Contracting in Austria

Contracting in Austria

Hi

Thank you!

Working...
X