• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Project of doom

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Project of doom"

Collapse

• Spikeh
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    In the last couple of months we've lost a PM, test manager and now enterprise architect. I'm the only one (BA) that's been here from the start.

I can't think what the common denominator is that's making these people leave - any ideas?
    The only reasonable explanation is that they all live in the same street and they've won the postcode lottery.

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Good film that. We like it where the Nazi's face melts. And the sword wallah gets himself shot.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Sounds like another few inches and the plane would have flattened them. They must be the luckiest unlucky person alive,
    It's happened before. And that wasn't the Project of doom, or even the Temple of doom, but Raiders of the lost ark.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Could be worse - someone at clientco got their foot run-over by a plane yesterday
    Sounds like another few inches and the plane would have flattened them. They must be the luckiest unlucky person alive,

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Could be worse - someone at clientco got their foot run-over by a plane yesterday

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Logically you are next.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

It's like pace.
    Love the sound of it! If they're that slow, they probably need a fourth developer, and I'd be happy to volunteer!

The only snag is I'd probably be way too fast for their liking, and ruffle their feathers. But if necessary I could pace myself, and spend most of the day surfing the web!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    In the last couple of months we've lost a PM, test manager and now enterprise architect. I'm the only one (BA) that's been here from the start.

I can't think what the common denominator is that's making these people leave - any ideas?
    Pah that's nothing.

I've been the only 'BA' on my project for 15 months. In that time we've had two test managers, 6 enterprise architects, 3 integration engineers and we're on our 7th, yes 7th project manager, 3rd report developer. But we still have the same permanent development team of 3 who have been there between 20-28 years each and work at the pace of a Special Needs Milanbenes.

I've been covering every job at some point except the EA role and I've decided not to renew in 8 weeks even though they want me for a year and already increase my rate my some mark. They;ve now asked me to run it!

It's like pace.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    lets hope they can at least expense a decent hotel.
    Eliminates the risk of bumping into PC at breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    It must be! Unless it's something else...
    They've been liquidated by shadowy Western forces in a bid to isolate a bold admirer of President Putin's bum.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Started at my present clientco six months ago in a team of several contractors, but they have been disappearing one by one, like that Agatha Christie novel Ten Little .. , you know the one.

A couple were pushed, due to competency issues, and three more have decided (rightly) that the work wasn't pushing them enough and their skills were atrophying, so they're off next week.

But I'm not bothered if the work is a doddle, and many of the permies none too expert. That's just how I like it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    Maybe they're all crypto billionaires now so don't need to work?
    lets hope they can at least expense a decent hotel.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    not likely

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    You?
    It must be! Unless it's something else...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X