• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who hates the Queen ?"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    You dun 'alf take tongue in cheek comments seriously dodgy.

I used to be anti monarchy and still am in theory but I realised that if we need a head of state to entertain dignitaries etc. sooner the q than some awful party political appointee and probably does not cost any more.

Although the current queen does the job very well, it is the principle of UNEARNED power/wealth/privilege that is not in any way related to the worth of the incumbent I don't like. If the next incumbent is a disaster they will still get all the huge tax breaks and other advantages that go with the position.

I can't see how anyone on the right who believes in advancement by one's own effort and merit can support the principle.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I presume we're talking about Queen Elizabeth the 1st of Scotland? An anachronism and should be pensioned off and royalty, peerages etc., consigned to the history books.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Another party's over, and I'm left cold sober. Baby left me for somebody new...

I don't want to talk about it, want to forget about it. Want to be intoxicated with that special brew.

So come and get me....

Eeeek, think I'll just stop there....

You missed probably one of the greatest concerts I've been to Denny - A Kind Of Magic Tour... amazing....

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    The trouble with people like you is; you only have one vision, people like you wait for the hammer to fall before you do anything,you make me sick, you're just a tennement funster, not willing to take responsibility for your actions going headlong into a sheer heart attack, you newbies need to learn how to play the game!

Another one bites the dust!
    Alas, I would love to say of your post: 'It's a kind of magic.' However, I can't.

I suppose you're one of those posters who thinks that any contractor not bumbing around in a gas guzzling Ferrari after years of paying themselves tax avoiding divis while effectively acting like an IR35 included de-facto employee on site is a EB rejected 'poor boy, nobody loves him..'

Well, I only have one thing to say:

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike. I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    ahh right ok, how about a sack of spuds?
    That's no way to refer to our revered deputy prime minister!
    (No capitals 'coz I 'ate yon fat bastard!)

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Because he's a carved wooden bookend and lacks t'mass to hold open t'door!
    ahh right ok, how about a sack of spuds?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Is that a bit like a doorstop? If so why not replace her with Professor Yaffle?
    Because he's a carved wooden bookend and lacks t'mass to hold open t'door!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by zathras
    Not me I'm a staunch Monarchist. The Queen acts as bulwark against a capricious Government.
    Is that a bit like a doorstop? If so why not replace her with Professor Yaffle?

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Not me I'm a staunch Monarchist. The Queen acts as bulwark against a capricious Government.

Just think, if we had an elected head of state we might end up with George Dubya (I think I'll carry on reading this Children's book while my country is being attacked) Bush. That's enough on it's own to show an elected head of state is a really bad idea.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny
    I've always loved Queen. I wished I'd seen the Live at Wembley concert.

The trouble with people like you is; you only have one vision, people like you wait for the hammer to fall before you do anything,you make me sick, you're just a tennement funster, not willing to take responsibility for your actions going headlong into a sheer heart attack, you newbies need to learn how to play the game!

Another one bites the dust!

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    I've always loved Queen. I wished I'd seen the Live at Wembley concert.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Why?

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Are you Sally Anne by any chance?
    Is she a bit of a tippler, then?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanTheMan
    P.S. Is this post treason?
    No, definitely pre.

Leave a comment:

• DanTheMan
    replied
    How much does she actually cost the state? I thought she had volunteered to have one of her planes decomissioned to save money. Unlike her greedy little sons.

P.S. Is this post treason?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    Whoops, republican! Sorry.
    Are you Sally Anne by any chance?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X