• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "London's property market crash has arrived"

Collapse

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Burn baby burn.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    There is a point were even buy to rent becomes unviable. Rents are more aligned with the economy and even the government is capping the rent it will pay to house migrants/unemployed. It was always going to hit the buffers eventually.

Migrants are poor and wages/rates have been static for years.The bond market is even biting at the heels - only one way to go now.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Woohoo! I might be able to negotiate a rent reduction next year when I'm up for renewal.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    It's nice to see the UK property crash theme make a comeback.

I can't see it ever happening with high immigration (they need houses to rent), low house building and a govt controlled by the banks.

Not until Korbyn arrives, and we become the European version of Venezuela....

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    A full blown Japan style crash is unlikely but a correction of 10-20% is possible and would be welcome. Just what is driving up the prices? An increase of 2k per month is being mentioned which just makes it look like a ponzi scheme.

Leave a comment:

• madame SasGuru
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I wish I'd bought a flat in/near Moorgate when I was working there in the previous decade.

My wife and I still wouldn't mind a London pad for retirement. Would be nice to get it 50% off.

But for all those uneducated and unwashed masses that are wishing for a property crash: be warned that such a scenario would impact the entire country and even those who don't yet have their own home. It would unleash complete carnage for the economy.

So vote for Corbyn if you like, but don't for a second believe that he will "save" you or your country.
    Why? it would be no different from 1989 through to 1994 after the previous crash - granted in the worst examples some people remained in negative equity until the late 1990's

Also look at both Eire and Northern Ireland. Prices in Northern Ireland are still 30% below their 2007 peak...

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I wish I'd bought a flat in/near Moorgate when I was working there in the previous decade.

My wife and I still wouldn't mind a London pad for retirement. Would be nice to get it 50% off.

But for all those uneducated and unwashed masses that are wishing for a property crash: be warned that such a scenario would impact the entire country and even those who don't yet have their own home. It would unleash complete carnage for the economy.

So vote for Corbyn if you like, but don't for a second believe that he will "save" you or your country.

Leave a comment:

• Loan Ranger
    replied
    The gap between London and the rest of the country probably needs to narrow.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/infla...english-region

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by 1 Jack Kada View Post
    This is definitely happening - Housing has gone out of style

Everyone who wanted to buy one has suddenly stopped being interested
    I will be interested when the prices are 25% of what they are now

Leave a comment:

• LondonPM1
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    More doom and gloom or, depending on how you look at it, delightful news from ZeroHedge

2018-02-20 London's Property Crash Has Begun

Although they are undoubtedly permabears, and their apocalyptic warnings are often overstated, I reckon this time they're pretty much on the button.
    This is definitely happening - Housing has gone out of style

Everyone who wanted to buy one has suddenly stopped being interested

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Just in time for crypto Lambos

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    started a topic London's property market crash has arrived

London's property market crash has arrived

More doom and gloom or, depending on how you look at it, delightful news from ZeroHedge

2018-02-20 London's Property Crash Has Begun

Although they are undoubtedly permabears, and their apocalyptic warnings are often overstated, I reckon this time they're pretty much on the button.

Working...
X