• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Last bastion of interest removed from F1"

Collapse

• unixman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    This is a good read:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...social-justice

I haven't seen the latest Star Wars, don't really have any desire to either - it's been hijacked and turned into an agenda - Star Wars FFS! That is a crime against humanity...
    I became a Star Wars fan after seeing the original, brilliant film in December 1977 (at the venerable Newcastle Odeon - one of the best cinemas in history). I stopped being a Star Wars fan in December '17 and I didn't go to see The Last Jedi. Thanks, Hollywood, for some brilliant entertainment over the last 40 years, but I probably won't take an interest in further Star Wars movies, unfortunately.

It feels like turning my back on an old friend, and that is sad. What was once an epic spectacle has turned into 120 minutes of ideological whinging. And I don't need that, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    My apologies. I will make a special effort to comprehend your posts from now on.
    You will have to.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It is my first.

I take it English comprehension isn't listed on you CV as a skill.
    My apologies. I will make a special effort to comprehend your posts from now on.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Would any of you actually mind if a good looking bloke was holding signs up at a predominantly female sporting event?
    #metoo

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Hannah James:-
    Good common sense. Thanks for posting.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I take it English is not your first language?
    It is my first.

I take it English comprehension isn't listed on you CV as a skill.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    OK, in simple terms:

OUTRAGE at women wearing bikinis/burkas
    or
    OUTRAGE at people complaining about women wearing bikinis/burkas.
    Which DM headline matches which piece of clothing?

Is one piece of clothing something you think women should be made wear, but another piece of clothing something you think women should not be made to wear?
    I take it English is not your first language?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Hannah James:-

Ok, I have had enough of people talking for me so here is what I think regarding the banning of grid girls:

The issue at the moment is there are too many people being offended on behalf of people who are not offended at all!

Firstly, I absolutely LOVE my job. Secondly, I CHOOSE to do this job. Nobody forces me or any other grid girl to do it. Some of us do it full time, some like me do it alongside other work. The idea that grid girls are no more than a pretty face infuriates me; I am about to finish my degree and qualify as a Social Worker, there are grid girls that are lawyers, accountants, models, mums, it varies so much!

We work hard to build up a good reputation and a good relationship with our clients. I work in British Superbikes and Road Racing where it feels like we are one big family; why should I be taken away from that because somebody who has never worked a day in my shoes thinks they know what is best for me?

With regards to the outfits being too sexy and us women being objectified; let me clarify something. I NEVER work a job unless I am happy with the outfit. When I do grid work I am always 100% comfortable with what I wear and I do not feel any more objectified wearing what I do on the grid than I do if I put on a nice dress or some smart jeans to go out. What will be next, will swimwear models be banned because what they are wearing in catalogues is too revealing?

As my friend and fellow grid girl Giorgia Davies said; this has all happened because some girls were treated disrespectfully at an event .. so how about instead of banning the girls to eradicate the problem, we educate men and women that it is NOT ok to disrespect other people!!

My final gripe with all of this, is these so called feminists are giving real feminists a bad name! I am a feminist because I want women to be equal, I don’t want there to be discrimination in the work place if women choose to have babies, and I want women to feel empowered. So to have a ‘feminist’ sit on a talk show saying how she thinks grid girls should be banned, thus meaning a loss of job and income for women is completely contradictory.

Sidenote – men work as promotional models too! But with regards to being on the grid, as the sport is predominantly males, they (usually) prefer to have a female holding their umbrella, although I have seen female riders with male grid guys!

A suggestion was made that women should be given jobs in other areas such as commentating or spannering .. for those of you who don’t know, this already happens!

On a positive note I am so glad to see all of us women affected standing together fighting this

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    If by "religious" you mean those who follow a religion, or those who religiously oppose (a) religion.

i.e. someone screaming "ban the burka" on the front page of their religious text "newspaper" - they aren't "progressive fanatics", but they are (almost religiously) zealous in their fervour to be offended by something that is different to what they believe is right.
    Shut and show us your boobs.

( . ) ( . )

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    If by "religious" you mean those who follow a religion, or those who religiously oppose (a) religion.

i.e. someone screaming "ban the burka" on the front page of their religious text "newspaper" - they aren't "progressive fanatics", but they are (almost religiously) zealous in their fervour to be offended by something that is different to what they believe is right.
    By religious I meant people who follow religions.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    This - people decreeing and getting offended in general is the problem, be they religious fanatics or progressive fanatics.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    F1 tries to take the moral highground on this subject, but then races in locations where oppression of women actively occurs - think Bahrain, or Abu Dhabi for example. That's a pretty major spot of hypocrisy there.

I doubt the grid girls were forced against their will to be grid girls. They're just models who got a pretty good gig. Wouldn't it be terrible if they now had to take a different gig for a seedy client instead? e.g. whatever replaces the Presidents Club dinner?

And as for the Presidents Club - well, weren't all those men just acting presidential? I suspect a good number of those women knew exactly what they were signing up for when taking on a gig as a hostess at a dinner filled with potential sugar daddies?

The feminists and munters are taking away the rights of women to choose what they want to do, and if they are pretty enough to be paid to stand there and hold a sign, then fair play.
    It's gonna get ugly if it carries on. I don't think these grid/darts/etc girls fancy the idea of having to go and get 'proper' jobs.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post

The feminists and munters are taking away the rights of women to choose what they want to do, and if they are pretty enough to be paid to stand there and hold a sign, then fair play.
    Pretty much answers the reason why this happens...

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    F1 tries to take the moral highground on this subject, but then races in locations where oppression of women actively occurs - think Bahrain, or Abu Dhabi for example. That's a pretty major spot of hypocrisy there.

I doubt the grid girls were forced against their will to be grid girls. They're just models who got a pretty good gig. Wouldn't it be terrible if they now had to take a different gig for a seedy client instead? e.g. whatever replaces the Presidents Club dinner?

And as for the Presidents Club - well, weren't all those men just acting presidential? I suspect a good number of those women knew exactly what they were signing up for when taking on a gig as a hostess at a dinner filled with potential sugar daddies?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    But if the person chooses to wear something, and someone, without asking that person, decrees that they are being forced to wear it, then the person making that decree is wrong, in my opinion. What about your opinion?
    This - people decreeing and getting offended in general is the problem, be they religious fanatics or progressive fanatics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X