• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who wants to live forever?"

Collapse

• lillie421
    replied
    I agree with the comment above, the world is over populated. Plus, no way would I want to live forever.

Leave a comment:

• JHadd
    replied
    Living forever would be a great idea but actually living it out won't be a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Wow, we could reduce cancer deaths by 3.1 million deaths a year by not smoking, alcohol, eating meat, coffee, tea, exercising, reducing salt, reducing sugar, being boring as ****.
    Indeed....

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The world is over-populated. I believe once doctors recommended smoking to kill people off? Will we start that again?
    The idea has merit - think of all the tax HMG could rake in plus a reduced pension duration, less biddies cluttering up the roads

Whats not to like ?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Often you never know what's bad for you. I need to spend a fortune getting some asbestos out of my house. It was standard building material back in 1972 when it was built..
    It's only a problem if you make it airborne by drilling / sawing etc... wear a mask, spray with water mist, gently remove it and bag it

Even your local tip should take it

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Often you never know what's bad for you. I need to spend a fortune getting some asbestos out of my house. It was standard building material back in 1972 when it was built.

Been burning some wood from an old mill I volunteered at in my open fire. Discovered yesterday that treated wood from back then contains arsenic and should never be used on fires.
    You're looking good on it.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Often you never know what's bad for you. I need to spend a fortune getting some asbestos out of my house. It was standard building material back in 1972 when it was built.

Been burning some wood from an old mill I volunteered at in my open fire. Discovered yesterday that treated wood from back then contains arsenic and should never be used on fires.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Who wants to live forever?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I agree with you. We need a major disease, war or better still a giant flood.

There's only so much I can do in my basement.
    https://www.harveynormanarchitects.c...ckle-basements

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The world is over-populated. I believe once doctors recommended smoking to kill people off? Will we start that again?
    I agree with you. We need a major disease, war or better still a giant flood.

There's only so much I can do in my basement.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I don't want to spend my final days eating through a straw, thanks very much.
    Some posters would end up like that if they ever attended the meet-ups.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    40% of cancer deaths could be prevented with lifestyle | Daily Mail Online

Wow, we could reduce cancer deaths by 3.1 million deaths a year by not smoking, alcohol, eating meat, coffee, tea, exercising, reducing salt, reducing sugar, being boring as ****.

Thanks for that.
    What's the point of living to 100+ if you don't enjoy a single moment of any of it? I don't want to spend my final days eating through a straw, thanks very much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X