• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Capital Gains Tax

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Capital Gains Tax"

Collapse

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Im facing the prospect of having to pay CGT upon the sale of my family home which my sister has had the pleasure of living in with her hubby, because I vacated when they got married two years ago. Because I haven't been living there and opted to rent and didn't wish to put up with newly married "noises".

Now that's a proper ring stinger - those dumping BTL's they have profited off the back of - at least you profited in the first place!
    No you idiot....

You flip your home and then sell it just like all those MP's that were permitted to do so.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    The sound of rows with smashing dishes, and occasional stabbing?

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Im facing the prospect of having to pay CGT upon the sale of my family home which my sister has had the pleasure of living in with her hubby, because I vacated when they got married two years ago. Because I haven't been living there and opted to rent and didn't wish to put up with newly married "noises".

Now that's a proper ring stinger - those dumping BTL's they have profited off the back of - at least you profited in the first place!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Wonder if it's possible to get payment for the properties in Bitcoin, obviously a risk in the exchange rate, but hard for HMRC to track and therefore tax
    Blockchain is public permanently, very easy to track.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Wonder if it's possible to get payment for the properties in Bitcoin, obviously a risk in the exchange rate, but hard for HMRC to track and therefore tax

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied

Asset originally paid for out of taxed income is now subject to a 28% - lets waste it on the great unwashed- tax

6 figure sum ffs we should be like Belgium

You are paying tax on the gain, not the total value. So it is not double taxation.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    A poor person, envious of those with wealth, predominately left leaning, Labour voting, with "fairness" as their rallying cry

HTH
    i'm not exactly poor.
    but i do dislike arseholes who exploit them for their own gain.
    and get smug about it.
    so feck you, and the horse you rode in on.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    ????
    A poor person, envious of those with wealth, predominately left leaning, Labour voting, with "fairness" as their rallying cry

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Povo
    ????

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    arsehole
    Povo

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Still got the BTL's - good London locations & a steady steam of migrants wishing to rent , one had a Romanian couple who wished to leave not realising the concept of giving notice so part of deposit forfeited in lieu, quick spruce up and it was re-let in under 2 weeks to a Pole
    I'm currently disposing of the Northern family home(s) it's actually one building split into 2 so will sell one gift one half of each to missus & then sell one on 5th April and then the other on 7th April so get 4 x CGT allowances .. still 28% is too much!
    arsehole

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Another one dumping their BTL portfolio then?

And when you spend the taxed gain paid for out of taxed income, you will be paying 20% VAT each time.
    Still got the BTL's - good London locations & a steady steam of migrants wishing to rent , one had a Romanian couple who wished to leave not realising the concept of giving notice so part of deposit forfeited in lieu, quick spruce up and it was re-let in under 2 weeks to a Pole
    I'm currently disposing of the Northern family home(s) it's actually one building split into 2 so will sell one gift one half of each to missus & then sell one on 5th April and then the other on 7th April so get 4 x CGT allowances .. still 28% is too much!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

Asset originally paid for out of taxed income is now subject to a 28% - lets waste it on the great unwashed- tax

You made a profit on a transaction? How dare you, you filthy capitalist scum. Next time you'll be in the gulag with the bankers...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Another one dumping their BTL portfolio then?

And when you spend the taxed gain paid for out of taxed income, you will be paying 20% VAT each time.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    started a topic Capital Gains Tax

Capital Gains Tax

Working...
X