• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Parking at Bristol Parkway"

Collapse

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    New refinary there, eh?

Watch your back - Russia is more dangerous than it may seem.
    No, it's going to be a polonium tracking system.

Re the danger, it's not great. Previous clients have an office in the financial district. Across the road is a restaurant/bar type thing. There was a wedding reception there when I was with the clients. Then the shooting started. The best man shot the groom (terminally) in a row over a parking space when they arrived.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964
    I'm confused. You say : "I can't walk more than 100 yards in one go due to ongoing medical reasons"

But yet you are going to play golf with your mate. Doesn't that involve a bit of walking?
    You haven't seen my golf. Muscular dystrophy really stuffs it.

The key words however are "in one go". to be fair with my current drug regime I can manage probably 200 yards before I actually have to take a brief rest. With an electric trolley I can just manage. Recovery is quick so I can manage to get round without making too much of a nuiscance - but any hills etc and I really do need a buggy.

Got to have an electric trolley if not though.
    Last edited by ASB; 30 November 2006, 17:36.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    Alexei's not paranoid !!!
    True, you are only aranoid if everybody isn't out to get you which is obviously not the case when it comes to AtW!!!

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    I'm confused. You say : "I can't walk more than 100 yards in one go due to ongoing medical reasons"

But yet you are going to play golf with your mate. Doesn't that involve a bit of walking?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Alexei's not paranoid !!!

ASB - ok point taken

Solution: get there earlier

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    New refinary there, eh?

Watch your back - Russia is more dangerous than it may seem.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    ASB - are you back from your gig in Moscow?
    Yes, been back a couple of months. On a different project now, this one is being developed in Tartastan. I've got to do a load of the architect work early next year. I think I'll need to pack an extra jumper.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    ASB - are you back from your gig in Moscow?

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    parkway it is then

aren't there spaces at the top end of the car park ?

Milan.
    Do keep up

This is where I started from. The car park was totally full so I had to stuff it on the end of a row - outside a bay. Hence the penalty.

Of course there were about 15 cars upstairs on the ends of rows, slipped in by the wall etc. At least they all had tickets.

Apart from the one with network rail written on it that is.....

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    parkway it is then

aren't there spaces at the top end of the car park ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    burnham, but then you've got to go m5 and across NE brisl,

what about going straight into templemeads ?

Milan.
    Yes, up to cribbs, turn right, turn left at RR and I'mthere.

Temple meads is a nightmare. Basically got to go down the A38 and in that way.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    burnham, but then you've got to go m5 and across NE brisl,

what about going straight into templemeads ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
    Doesn't your chauffeur just drop you off in the Bentley and then collect you on your return?

Bizarrely my mate will be collecting me in his Bentley tomorrow to go play golf. If he turns up making threatening noises and generally sounding a bit tinny I think I'll cry off.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    where are you coming from, what about taking the train from Bath ?

Milan.
    Burnham on sea area. Parkway takes about 40 minutes drive, Bath an hour. Parkway's just a load easier to get to.

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    I thought this was a contractors' board?

Doesn't your chauffeur just drop you off in the Bentley and then collect you on your return?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X