• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Vaping

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Vaping"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
    Long term consequences of vaping aren't yet known. I have some senior consultant (medical) friends, many of whom see it as the next tobacco. The chemical consequences of it will likely be restricted to the lungs solely.
    The only cloud on the horizon, if I might use that phrase about vaping, (more like big cloud round your head!) that I'm aware of is popcorn lung.

But even if there is anything in that, and it isn't a complete urban myth, I'd guess it mostly applies to vapour containing sugar, such as those revolting strawberry flavoured vapes and the like.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I gave up cigarettes in 1989. Coffee in 2007. Alcohol in 2011.

And the only one I miss is cigarettes. Evil stuff.
    What about sex?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Not many of those options give that hit when you only have 5 minutes though.......
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
    Long term consequences of vaping aren't yet known. I have some senior consultant (medical) friends, many of whom see it as the next tobacco. The chemical consequences of it will likely be restricted to the lungs solely. Although it is clearly less damaging than traditional cigarettes, why smoke at all? The relief it provides have been show to be possible through other means. Start running, go to the gym, try the different types of yoga - some types, such as Hatha and YinYang are more about ensuring consistent breathing than Ashtanga, which is about breathing whilst trying to not to collapse in a heap of your own sweat and tears.

Plenty of alternatives.
    Not many of those options give that hit when you only have 5 minutes though.......

Leave a comment:

• contractorinatractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    All non smokers.

Gonna be a lonely experience going out for a puff when I'm at the pub
    Long term consequences of vaping aren't yet known. I have some senior consultant (medical) friends, many of whom see it as the next tobacco. The chemical consequences of it will likely be restricted to the lungs solely. Although it is clearly less damaging than traditional cigarettes, why smoke at all? The relief it provides have been show to be possible through other means. Start running, go to the gym, try the different types of yoga - some types, such as Hatha and YinYang are more about ensuring consistent breathing than Ashtanga, which is about breathing whilst trying to not to collapse in a heap of your own sweat and tears.

Plenty of alternatives.

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    I've been meaning to try vaping out for some time & a Smok V8 arrived in this morning post

The actual act of vaping is a tad weird -either get too much straight in the lungs and a massive vape plume and now trying to do mouth to lung

Not sure I'm getting the full nicotine replacement to stop craving - but early days- & I did a scatter gun approach for the liquid so may need to refine it

Leave a comment:

• dilson23
    replied
    Smok Alien kits have sold over 3mn kits and are really good!

For flavours there's a company called nasty juice. Amazing flavours and the packaging is cool!

Check them out! No I'm not on commission just thought I'd give feedback after trying a lot of different brands out!

Leave a comment:

• flamel
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Holy tulip that's spooky. I've got that in right now. One of the bottles I randomly bought cheap just before TPD. Was nice but I need a menthol kick. Family loved it when they caught a whiff of it around the house.
    I make my own Red Berry menthol flavour for that - but I can only take it in a smaller vaper

I avoid tobacco flavoured juice as it's like a stew of socks and goat trader's flip-flop

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by flamel View Post
    Charlie's Chalk Dust - Salted Caramel Ice Cream flavour - not too sweet - is my go to vape in a Smok Baby Beast
    Holy tulip that's spooky. I've got that in right now. One of the bottles I randomly bought cheap just before TPD. Was nice but I need a menthol kick. Family loved it when they caught a whiff of it around the house.

Leave a comment:

• flamel
    replied
    Charlie's Chalk Dust - Salted Caramel Ice Cream flavour - not too sweet - is my go to vape in a Smok Baby Beast

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Interesting... I immediately did mouth-to-lung. Trying direct to lung now.... <cough-cough>

EDIT: I know why... I do a sort of double-draw then suck down a bigger mouthful. I'm still talking about vaping!
    You need the right coils and setup really. Trying to DTL on MTL kit won't work, you might not be able to draw air fast enough not true DTL and your coil won't work as you need it to. Not really a good test using the opposite kit.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I am trying to give up marriage too. I am down to 1 a year now.....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

WB Brillo!

Leave a comment:

• glebe digital
    replied
    Also don't forget you can just 'mouth it' and expel, just like a pipe you'll absorb a fair amount of nicotine through your gums etc.

Techniques will vary, personally I mouth it, expel about half & then lung the rest......very nice.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X