• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Inflation now at 3% and rising"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    You're welcome - always glad to add absolutely no value whatsoever to a thread

Of the large number of people that did vote though I wouldn't put it past at least 20% being of a similar ilk to this man. Just like I wouldn't put it past students to steal all the postal votes in their dorms and then fill them all in for remain - swings and roundabouts.
    What is a dorm within the UK context? Hall of residence?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Just be careful with that, sas doesn't like anyone treading on his toes!

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

your point is fairly weak. But thanks for getting involved in the debate. Until your vacuous contribution, aside from sas and scooter, the lower rungs of the intellectual ladder were being poorly represented.

Of the large number of people that did vote though I wouldn't put it past at least 20% being of a similar ilk to this man. Just like I wouldn't put it past students to steal all the postal votes in their dorms and then fill them all in for remain - swings and roundabouts.

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    This chap sports a remarkable lack of imagination, in that he could only think of two. The only single solitary positive thing Gordon Brown ever did for this country was to hinder Bliar's determination to adopt the Euro. You may wish to consider the fact that Bliar is almost singularly responsible for Brexit, since it was he who opened our doors when the rest of Europe was being a bit more bureaucratic. There's two more for now, and we can get started on the hypocrisy later if you want some more.
    Not saying I'm a Blair lover, I was too young to give a tulip about politics back then; just demonstrating said persons complete lack of thought.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Yep, the irony is laughable really. There's a super hardcore brexiteer in the office here who is currently saying how fantastic it is that house prices are falling, interest is going up and how he was going to get a better house right at the end of the market crashing and that his ISA would get a better rate as a result of extra interest.

... What he failed to realise was that his house would also, in turn, be worth less. (or worthless, depending on how you look at it).

Same person also sports a hatred of Tony Blair - I was curious to why and the only two things he could verbalise were the Iraq war and the IRA amnesty...

And that ladies and gentlemen, is what we are dealing with.
    This chap sports a remarkable lack of imagination, in that he could only think of two. The only single solitary positive thing Gordon Brown ever did for this country was to hinder Bliar's determination to adopt the Euro. You may wish to consider the fact that Bliar is almost singularly responsible for Brexit, since it was he who opened our doors when the rest of Europe was being a bit more bureaucratic. There's two more for now, and we can get started on the hypocrisy later if you want some more.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    When have I ever claimed that I have a timeshare in Portugal and maxed out my ISA?
    I'm not a chav you know.
    No, you'd need a personality to be classed in that league...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

And that ladies and gentlemen, is what we are dealing with.
    Or at least it might be, if one assumed that all 17.4 million people that voted Leave were somehow cloned.

But as they were not, your point is fairly weak.

But thanks for getting involved in the debate. Until your vacuous contribution, aside from sas and scooter, the lower rungs of the intellectual ladder were being poorly represented.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Schadenfreude works perfectly well remotely.
    Even when you don't know how to spell it correctly, as is the case with sas obviously.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Or if there is crash, buy a massive penthouse overlooking the Thames. ...
    .. this crash being the impact of a ten mile-wide meteorite in the Atlantic, which only you (and the penthouse) miraculously survive.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Nah you've got to see the miserable expression on the peasants faces when you drive past them

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    ...gives you the need to non-stop mention that you have a timeshare in Portugal and have maxed out your ISA allowance, or wherever you stash your incredible wealth.
    When have I ever claimed that I have a timeshare in Portugal and maxed out my ISA?
    I'm not a chav you know.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    No rush.
    I work remotely for local and overseas clients.
    I can move abroad when the time is right.
    Or if there is crash, buy a massive penthouse overlooking the Thames.
    Options, options.

For now I quite fancy staying here and enjoying the shadenfreude

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    No rush.
    Options, options.

je reste ma valise.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Not really. Have enough to retire on if I was forced to.
    Don't you find people who constantly brag about how much money they've got so be so very common and tedious? I'm guessing your chip comes from your family being working class very poor and having an impoverished upbringing, which gives you the need to non-stop mention that you have a timeshare in Portugal and have maxed out your ISA allowance, or wherever you stash your incredible wealth.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Great! now **** off and go bother the goats in Portugal you tedious oaf!

No rush.
    Options, options.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X