• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Toilet Training For Staff From Overseas"

Collapse

• Cliphead
    replied
    The answer perhaps...

US drinker stabbed for not washing hands

Those men among you who indulge in the woman-enraging provocation of not putting the loo seat back down after taking a leak should count yourselves lucky you're not in Fort Worth, Texas, where some people take the matter of good toilet habits very seriously indeed.

Just ask 25-year-old Morgan Jackson, who was with two drinking buddies in the car park of the Tumbleweeds Sports Bar last Thursday evening when an infuriated toilet user charged them with a knife "because he apparently grew angry that one of the men didn't wash his hands in the bathroom", as the Houston Chronicle explains.

Indeed, so pissed off was 27-year-old Eric Jennings Kisiah that he stabbed Jackson three times in his left torso and once in his back with an eight-inch knife which was subsequently recovered close to the scene of the incident.

Prior to the attack, Kisiah "confronted a group of three friends at the bar because he was upset about one of them not washing his hands after using the restroom", according to the police report. He "called the men names and told them that they were dirty" before leaving with the threat to "slash their throats", as one of the men recounted.

When the three pals eventually left the bar, Kisiah launched his assault from behind a shrub where he'd being lying in wait. He was restrained by "several men" until the cops arrived.

Jackson was later reported to be in "good condition" following surgery at a Fort Worth hospital. Kisiah was cuffed on "suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon" and held in Mansfield Jail with bail set at $20,000. ®

http://www.theregister.com/2006/11/2...sh_your_hands/

Leave a comment:

• hattra
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy
    I remember David Attenborough talking about his exploits in the Amazon Jungle. The locals made a brew from fermented spit. Being a guest they offered the bowl of fermented spit complete with soft gooey green bits and phlegm. In order to not to insult them he decided to drink it and he thought the best way not to suffer was to gulp the slime substance down in one. After he did so they brought another bowl saying as you enjoyed that one we brought you some more.
    a.k.a "taking the mickey out of the white man"

You don't think they really drink the snotty bits, do you?

The arabs like doing the same thing with sheeps eyeballs

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy
    I remember David Attenborough talking about his exploits in the Amazon Jungle. The locals made a brew from fermented spit. Being a guest they offered the bowl of fermented spit complete with soft gooey green bits and phlegm. In order to not to insult them he decided to drink it and he thought the best way not to suffer was to gulp the slime substance down in one. After he did so they brought another bowl saying as you enjoyed that one we brought you some more.
    I think given that situation I would be happy to offend my hosts.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    I work with a guy from Hong Kong and listening to him eat is a 'pleasure'. Apparantly slurping when you eat is a sign that you are enjoying the food.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I work with a guy from Hong Kong and listening to him eat is a 'pleasure'. Apparantly slurping when you eat is a sign that you are enjoying the food.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Just because someone is westernised and working in a "civilised" country doesn't mean things are any different. In Sweden it's customary to do a form of snort to clear your throat (not even spitting it out!). That too is disgusting!!

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by mmc71
    Gee, you're right, their aim must be bad!!!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by mmc71
    It’s quite amusing when you see them come out the mosque in east London and the back of their caftan has a large wet patch.

Leave a comment:

• mmc71
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956
    Apologies if this offends anyone, but I needed to get it off my chest.

Leave a comment:

• BillHicksRIP
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956
    because of the things they do in the sink - like blowing their nose straight into the sink, or clearing their throat... you get the drift. It's disgusting.
    Yeah, what is with that? I'm washing my hands while the guy next to makes that haaaachhhh sound and then spits into the sink. Turns my stomach.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    On a serious note... a place where I worked had their toilets blocked regularly; dyno rod discovered the blockage was caused by plastic cups from the vending machines.
    Seems after poo poo it is customary in some nations to use cups of water to flush the toilet... and then throw the cup down the bog
    The water is not to flush the loo. It’s them there muslims again. They are told to wash their bum after passing the bowls. (With their left hand)

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    At my place of work the main problem is people not flushing the loo. Don't know whether its the foreigners though.

Maybe the scene in the film "Borat" was not so far off the mark after all... (that's the one where he does a poo in the loo and brings it downstairs to the other guests in a bag).

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Worked with this Sri Lankan bloke once. Use to snort snot between his fingers and examine it. The noises made you want to throw up.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    On a serious note... a place where I worked had their toilets blocked regularly; dyno rod discovered the blockage was caused by plastic cups from the vending machines.
    Seems after poo poo it is customary in some nations to use cups of water to flush the toilet... and then throw the cup down the bog

Leave a comment:

• hattra
    replied
    All the permies here have been made to go on "cultural awareness" courses, presumably to teach them how to do all that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X