• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "3rd World Travel Planner"

Collapse

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    During my student days I found it was cheaper to go west from London to places like Bristol via coach and the timetabled time difference with the train could be as low as 30 minutes to Bristol.

However if you travelled in the middle of the day it could actually take the about 5-10 minutes longer than the train.
    I've only ever done it from Bridgwater & it used to go into the middle of everywhere on the way up. Took forever.....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Looks like I got the last ticket on the National Express. Good shout - only takes 2 hours, thought it stopped everywhere on the way down there.
    During my student days I found it was cheaper to go west from London to places like Bristol via coach and the timetabled time difference with the train could be as low as 30 minutes to Bristol.

However if you travelled in the middle of the day it could actually take the about 5-10 minutes longer than the train.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Fly Heathrow Paris Bristol

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    £111 for a minicab - no brainier
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    What is shut down? Train services?

Plenty of coaches to Bristol. Although it depends on what time you landing and you might have to go to Victoria to catch the coach.

Try Uber?
    When I checked out the times of trains on the Trainline last week everything was OK. Check again this morning and the whole Reading area is screwed by engineering works.

Looks like I got the last ticket on the National Express. Good shout - only takes 2 hours, thought it stopped everywhere on the way down there.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Plenty of coaches to Bristol. Although it depends on what time you landing and you might have to go to Victoria to catch the coach.

T
    You can get National Express coaches that go Heathrow to Bristol.

Makes sense really as both mean going on M4 from London.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied

Try Uber?

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    £111 for a minicab - no brainier

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Coach or drive
    It will always, always be the car from now on.

Should have known better....

Perish the thought there are people getting off long haul flights & expecting to head West by train.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Carshare is part of the UK’s largest carpooling network, Liftshare.com - Part of the Liftshare network, a journey matching, carsharing, ridesharing system

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Coach or drive

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    https://www.privatefly.com/private-j...gdom-N266.html

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    started a topic 3rd World Travel Planner

3rd World Travel Planner

Any of you lot got any ideas of how to get from Heathrow to Bristol tonight?

Seems that the whole Reading area is shut down & I'm looking at a 4-5 hour multi- hop journey involving buses.

WTF didn't the trainline app tell me this when I planned my journey last week...

Working...
X