• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any motorcyclists here?"

Collapse

• ContractorOnAMotorbike
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    We have to be thankful to all those bikers providing organs to people who need them during sunny weekends. But stop ruining my weekends because every time one of you lays dead on the road I'm driving on and I can't recht my destination in time
    Lol... you're a funny piece of tulip!

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    I bet you drive a volvo!

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    We have to be thankful to all those bikers providing organs to people who need them during sunny weekends. But stop ruining my weekends because every time one of you lays dead on the road I'm driving on and I can't recht my destination in time
    Stuff you, and your weekends.
    I bet you drive a volvo!

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by ContractorOnAMotorbike View Post
    Anyone commute into London or any other town or city using a super sport like an R6/Blade etc?

I am thinking of scratching that supersport itch early next year and just wondering how practical litre sport bikes are for the daily commute
    not very IMHO.
    they tend to be very uncomfortable and twitchy at low speeds.
    you'd be better with a second hand bandit /diversion/ whatever for commuting, and save the rice rocket for weekends.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Try driving on the Links instead, they might stay alive longer.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ContractorOnAMotorbike
    replied
    Anyone commute into London or any other town or city using a super sport like an R6/Blade etc?

I am thinking of scratching that supersport itch early next year and just wondering how practical litre sport bikes are for the daily commute

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Not sure naked bikes look better. It seems to me riding a naked bike is like riding a bike naked. I prefer to do neither.

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Possibly the only thread on CUK to get to 6 pages and not have a single bit about brex..... I'm not going to finish that word so as not to ruin it

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    yeh, but naked bikes look much better.
    you youngsters just need to toughen up

Leave a comment:

• ContractorOnAMotorbike
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    I don't think I could ever ride a bike without a fairing again - I found my 125 wayyyy too cold and that was a naked jobby. All my bikes since then have been half or fully faired!

I wonder what GSA Adventures and Honda Varaderos are like at keeping the wind off?!
    This has been an interesting thread... you dont hear a lot of people admit how poor their naked bikes are when it gets cold . I suspect the adventure bikes are a little better with hand guards and tall screens but surely not as good as a sports tourer or a supersport where you are leaned over plus get help from the fairing in directing air around you.

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    I don't think I could ever ride a bike without a fairing again - I found my 125 wayyyy too cold and that was a naked jobby. All my bikes since then have been half or fully faired!

I wonder what GSA Adventures and Honda Varaderos are like at keeping the wind off?!

Leave a comment:

• Major Hassle
    replied
    Lambretta GP 225 TS1, 35mm TMX Mikuni Franspeed Super Tourer

Leave a comment:

• bluetoaster
    replied
    Not hijacking the thread or anything ... does anyone else commute through the winter on an unfaired/naked bike? If so how do you keep your hands warm? I've heard people say bar muffs are the way to go but i haven't tried them yet.

I use a combination of hand guards, heated grips and decent winter gloves and it works sort of ok but at the end of my commute in the cold weather my hands are quite cold.
    Good gloves and heated grips works for me. My main bike is the unfaired K1300R and my winter hack is a half faired Z750S, that half fairing makes a massive difference to the warmth, keeping the wind off my torso. Along with heated grips I don't have a problem.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    haha... totally agree mate. I use my Honda Blackbird most of the time and I also own a Bandit as a winter hack. Only problem as you say is that the Bandit is absolutely awful in the winter or even spring for that matter. The Blackbird glides all the cold air over and around me while on the Bandit I feel like a sail of a boat catching all the freezing cold air if that makes sense.
    Yup - my dad's a lifelong biker and was mocking my attempts at buying gear. "I don't know what your problem is - I've never suffered with cold hands on bikes" etc etc. Then he borrowed it for a week while his GSXR was in the garage - soon changed his ******* tune after!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X