• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Idiots and trains

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Idiots and trains"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I used to live near there! Ah the memories...

Those gates are notorious for staying down for ages.
    I had an ex-wife like that.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    This idiot is on a bike - linky

Her excuse was " tiredness, her right brake not working and a condition called dyspraxia contributed to the incident."

linky
    Or in other words a load of cobblers if you watch the video closely.
    I used to live near there! Ah the memories...

Those gates are notorious for staying down for ages.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    This is an Irish idiot on a bike

linky

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    This idiot is on a bike - linky

On Monday morning a joint Network Rail and British Transport Police mobile CCTV van, which was in the area watching for motorists jumping the lights, spotted a female cyclist ducking under the lowering barrier at the Roundstone level crossing in East Preston and getting stuck on the railway.

Read more at: VIDEO: Reckless cyclist gets trapped on railway tracks - Littlehampton Gazette
    Her excuse was " tiredness, her right brake not working and a condition called dyspraxia contributed to the incident."

linky
    Or in other words a load of cobblers if you watch the video closely.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    Then we should employ train drivers who would feel proud to help cleanse the gene pool of idiots.

Jeez, for the betterment of the entire species, we should be promoting darwinism, not actively trying to prevent it.
    What psychopaths like you?

Leave a comment:

• billybiro
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Apart from the poor train driver and ambulance crews....
    Then we should employ train drivers who would feel proud to help cleanse the gene pool of idiots.

Jeez, for the betterment of the entire species, we should be promoting darwinism, not actively trying to prevent it.

Leave a comment:

• billybiro
    replied
    I half wish there was another one coming the other way at the same time
    Agreed.

Let's remove all the warning signs and safety barriers and let the problem sort itself out.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I was going to post more idiots up before I got distracted

linky
    "According to the witness who captured the footage yesterday afternoon, the reckless shortcut was in vain because the train drew to a halt at a station just the other side of the crossing, blocking the line."

If only he'd filmed that as well.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    That's why only half.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

linky

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    At least she was focusing on the child

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

linky

This is the moment a cyclist escaped death by inches after barging through gates at a level-crossing into the path of an oncoming South West service to Waterloo.

Video footage shows the “aggressive” man lifting his mountain bike over the railings outside North Sheen station, before prising open the gates to squeeze himself through in front of a crowd of schoolchildren.

Shocked bystanders pleaded with the cyclist to wait, but he screamed back “I don’t f****** care mate” – a split-second before the train rushed past.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Is it normal for freight to be travelling so fast trough commuter stations?
    Depends on the number of lines the station has and how busy they think it is likely to be.

Busy stations tend to have slower fast trains and freight trains if they only have two platforms. Less busy ones have faster ones. Either way you stand back from the yellow line as directed.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Why is a freight train any different?
    Because it's real freightening...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X