• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brillo's safe space thread"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    all this walking and cycling is making me tired.
    i think i'll have a lie down now

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I walk as well (yes, W A L K). Planning to do Tecknau to Salhöhe tomorrow. Gentle start to the autumn walking season. About 12km, with 500m up and 180m of down.
    Careful Admin doesn't send realityhack to do a Robin Cook on you.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Nah, too hilly round my area. I'm a walker......................I said WALKER!!!
    I walk as well (yes, W A L K). Planning to do Tecknau to Salhöhe tomorrow. Gentle start to the autumn walking season. About 12km, with 500m up and 180m of down.

Leave a comment:

• motoukenin
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Hey! If you cannot contribute in a positive nurturing way, there are plenty of other threads.
    Yes your right that was not fair, as a member of the contract pan scrubbing community Brillo deserves more respect and I withdraw my remark.

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I was more thinking of the bunch of geeks who haven't had a shower for a couple of days, as I said, nothing worse than a meeting room which is humming

Milan.
    Fortunately my occasional morning swim and evening gym visits dictate showering at regular intervals

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    They have two racks full of ancient equipment which isn't thermally efficient and half a working air conditioner.

Fortunately I am the only one who has to suffer that room for the next few days!

I was more thinking of the bunch of geeks who haven't had a shower for a couple of days, as I said, nothing worse than a meeting room which is humming

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    I hope they had good ventilation

there's nothing worse than going into a meeting room, or work area which is humming

Milan.
    They have two racks full of ancient equipment which isn't thermally efficient and half a working air conditioner.

Fortunately I am the only one who has to suffer that room for the next few days!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Haha, I was stuck in a comms room all of yesterday - what have I missed?! #OutOfTheLoop

I hope they had good ventilation

there's nothing worse than going into a meeting room, or work area which is humming

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    We'll have to keep the thread warm for tomorrow.

Brillo, if you're reading: hope you're OK, hun.

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Haha, I was stuck in a comms room all of yesterday - what have I missed?! #OutOfTheLoop

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
    Why has Brillo got a safe space ? , wouldn't put him down as a snowflake just misguided and uninformed

I shall leave NLadyUK to do the honours and explain that, otherwise Brillo will start trying to be funny at my Mrs's expense again

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
    Why has Brillo got a safe space ? , wouldn't put him down as a snowflake just misguided and uninformed
    Hey! If you cannot contribute in a positive nurturing way, there are plenty of other threads.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    smile - yes, it was carefully chosen

yes indeed, we are a family of cyclists, which is excellent, we go away 3 or 4 times a year for cycling weekends

the youngest age 10 can keep up on a daily 50km ride

we cycle mainly across country, off the roads, through the forests and countryside

we plan the rides to either take a circular route, or go one way with a train connection back to wherever the accommodation is - usually a spa hotel so that we can have a sauna and swim in the evening before dinner

we've got great bikes, and even Chateau Benes is on the edge of a national park so we have great opportunities for cross country cycling straight from the back door

and you, cyclist ?

Milan.
    Not really. I get out now and again but not in a serious way. Need to do more really.

Leave a comment:

• motoukenin
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Does what it says on the tin. Keep it gentle, folks.

Brillo, got any nice plans for the weekend? A bit of cycling maybe or a meal out?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Nah, too hilly round my area. I'm a walker......................I said WALKER!!!
    you're a what

Milan.

{Disclaimer - ok, I rarely (unlike you) use this smiley, but the opportunity you just presented is toooo tempting.... won't use it again for a zillion years promise}

Leave a comment:

Working...
X