• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "general election cost taxpayers £140m....."

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    NI is part of the UK, and just as happens in Scotland, their politicians fought for more money for their constituents. And they got it. What's the problem?
    We will have to wait and see.

Court date set for legal challenge to DUP-Tory deal - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Apart from 10 people, who got £100,000,000 each
    NI is part of the UK, and just as happens in Scotland, their politicians fought for more money for their constituents. And they got it. What's the problem?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Finally completing it (but needs to be done pre-Brexit to get the EU funding)
    That was the old deal I think. EU money replace with the some of the 'magic billion'. Anyway...

"Around eight years after it was first announced, cash was finally earmarked for the York Street Interchange development as part of the DUP's £1bn deal with the Tories."

"The bulk of the cash needed to build it, around 40%, was originally due to come from the EU."

York Street Interchange: £165m roads project facing legal challenge - Belfast Telegraph - 28th June 2017

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Is it EU funded? I thought it was EU financed. Might have it wrong.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    I'd imagine Stormont will decide should it ever get back up-and-running. A third is already being eyed-up for what's known as the York Street interchange. Just in case you're interested :

York Street Interchange Scheme

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    She called an election so the people could choose.

I think they call it democracy.
    I'm sorry to say that in this case I think it was about not wanting to be in charge of the Tory Party for Brexit. There was no way Boris was going to be allowed to take Dave's job after the result last year but I really don't think she or any of the top of the Remain supporters thought it through. So she set off with a massive majority and set about turning it into the worst position she could in as few weeks.

No one in their right mind would have brought out the policies that she did and expect a winning vote...

However I do think she expected comrade K to be wiped out by the uKip contingent and at the end was probably bricking herself.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Did I just see you rubbing your hands in glee?
    There are interesting opportunities. Might work out and might not. Good bunch of people running it.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    This is what I'm looking out for: Electronic Health and Care Record - HSCB
    Did I just see you rubbing your hands in glee?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I'd imagine Stormont will decide should it ever get back up-and-running. A third is already being eyed-up for what's known as the York Street interchange. Just in case you're interested :

This is what I'm looking out for: Electronic Health and Care Record - HSCB

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    FTFY.

I'll be intrigued to see how and where the money gets spent.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I'm pretty sure the DUP won't be just handing it out to their voters.
    FTFY.

I'll be intrigued to see how and where the money gets spent.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Looking at the stats, 292,316 voted for the DUPe candidates, so their votes cost £3420.96 each - close to 1000x the rest of the UK.
    I'm pretty sure the DUP won't be just handing it out to their voters.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Looking at the stats, 292,316 voted for the DUPe candidates, so their votes cost £3420.96 each - close to 1000x the rest of the UK.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Actually £540.07 each for 1851600 people.
    Most of the 1,851,600 people did not vote for the 10 who took the bribe.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I was thinking of just borrowing a few of yours to save some cash. Aren't they just decorative?
    I don't know anyone who's too fussed either way. Looking forward to see your neighbours take the same live-and-let-live approach.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X