• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Those religious people again..."

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's nothing to do with being trendy it's because there isn't a good reason for telling a little boy he can't wear a skirt or dress.

As far as kids who haven't reached puberty, especially little ones, are concerned there isn't any difference between a boy and a girl so if they want to wear something whether it is a skirt, nail varnish, ballet shoes with spots on it that look like giraffes or a fairy dress then they let them. Boys tend to grow out of wanting to wear skirts and dresses by around 7 anyway.

In regards to whether this little boy is really transgender only time will tell....
    That really wasn't the point I was making. I was picking on parents who will dress their children a certain way to make a point (hence my use of "actively") as opposed to simply allowing their kids to wear what they feel comfortable in.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I think it was in response to some school saying girls couldn't wear skirts and everyone had to wear trousers. My idea of gender neutral is to offer a range of clothing guidelines and say "take your pick", there is no need to be prescriptive. However, that won't help against the trendy parents who actively dress their children in clothes commonly associated with the opposite sex.
    It's nothing to do with being trendy it's because there isn't a good reason for telling a little boy he can't wear a skirt or dress.

As far as kids who haven't reached puberty, especially little ones, are concerned there isn't any difference between a boy and a girl so if they want to wear something whether it is a skirt, nail varnish, ballet shoes with spots on it that look like giraffes or a fairy dress then they let them. Boys tend to grow out of wanting to wear skirts and dresses by around 7 anyway.

In regards to whether this little boy is really transgender only time will tell....

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I think it was in response to some school saying girls couldn't wear skirts and everyone had to wear trousers. My idea of gender neutral is to offer a range of clothing guidelines and say "take your pick", there is no need to be prescriptive. However, that won't help against the trendy parents who actively dress their children in clothes commonly associated with the opposite sex.

I seem to recall that all children, up to maybe 5 or 6, were put in dresses back in days gone by. Practical as it's easier to mop after they have an accident.
    In History: Why little boys wore dresses | Life & Times | heraldbulletin.com

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    I suspect that this is a transgender issue, not the religion.
    It was the parents interpretation of the religion that is at odds with the school's.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I like the idea of a gender neutral uniform. Up to puberty, it shouldn't make the blindest bit of difference whether kids are boys or girls.

I seem to recall that all children, up to maybe 5 or 6, were put in dresses back in days gone by. Practical as it's easier to mop after they have an accident.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    This time it is Christian...

linky

Sun link

Daily Mail link

In short who gives a feck?

Oh the religious idiots don't realise that the CofE churches and so attached schools can be very liberal or very conservative. If they don't like the liberal view of the bible then go to a different CofE school.
    I suspect that this is a transgender issue, not the religion.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Well all "them" Muslims are the same....
    They are the alt-right fascists' Eternal Jew for the 21st century. Once they have been demonized and had a dash of collective guilt applied, the rape and murder is historically justified.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    As long as Muslims are being raped, murdered and dispossessed, they are happy whatever the reason.
    Well all "them" Muslims are the same....

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    What has caused the current situation is the 1982 citizenship law. But that doesn't suit what you want to hear.
    As long as Muslims are being raped, murdered and dispossessed, they are happy whatever the reason.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Save your breath.

There is little interest in what has caused the current situation.

just that they can now wail over how everyone is really nasty and should be nice

from the comfort of their ivory tower.
    What has caused the current situation is the 1982 citizenship law. But that doesn't suit what you want to hear.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by excon View Post
    I'm sorry I must have missed the bit where Jews and Tutsi were tearing around the world looking for global conquest and have been doing so continuously since the 620s.

Just because Germans and Belgians where xenophobic pricks does not negate anyone's legitimate concerns about islam and it's intentions.
    I told you to ask the Germans not the Jews. The former wanted world domination.

Leave a comment:

• excon
    replied
    Ask the Germans.

Though you maybe better asking Bosians/Kosovans or Rwandas as they are younger and more likely to engage with you about their conflict. The Serbs are likely to complain about the US, UK etc stopping them getting "rid" of people but that maybe just the ones I talked to.
    I'm sorry I must have missed the bit where Jews and Tutsi were tearing around the world looking for global conquest and have been doing so continuously since the 620s.

Just because Germans and Belgians where xenophobic pricks does not negate anyone's legitimate concerns about islam and it's intentions.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Ethnic cleansing or act of self preservation? You seem to have little idea about what islam is or how it operates. For examples look to the formally Buddhist country of Afghanistan and formally Christian country of Lebanon.

Ask your average Sikh about their history and interaction with muslims.
    Save your breath.

There is little interest in what has caused the current situation.

just that they can now wail over how everyone is really nasty and should be nice

from the comfort of their ivory tower.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Ethnic cleansing or act of self preservation? You seem to have little idea about what islam is or how it operates. For examples look to the formally Buddhist country of Afghanistan and formally Christian country of Lebanon.

Ask your average Sikh about their history and interaction with muslims.
    Ask the Germans.

Though you maybe better asking Bosians/Kosovans or Rwandas as they are younger and more likely to engage with you about their conflict. The Serbs are likely to complain about the US, UK etc stopping them getting "rid" of people but that maybe just the ones I talked to.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    You reckon?

Only one major religion has a stated goal of global domination, they even started a country a while back for that very purpose you might have heard of them?
    Are you often confused by sets and subsets?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X