• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DaveB is obviously disturbed."

Collapse

• glebe digital
    replied
    'Hubbards' lolz

https://youtu.be/PWIGnkD2Ut8

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They make eye contact if you are wearing a skirt, wear pink or look sufficiently female. Male drivers even smile at you...
    Indeed....

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    According to a poster the other day, she wants you to "man up".

Personally, I suspect that will involve a trip to the mortuary....
    7 Tips On How To Get Your Wife To Stop Nagging - CNN iReport

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I call bulltulip, she does nothing but complain
    According to a poster the other day, she wants you to "man up".

Personally, I suspect that will involve a trip to the mortuary....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Your wife did not complain last night.
    I call bulltulip, she does nothing but complain

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    You must be fatter than MF then
    Your wife did not complain last night.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Getting fit benefits one mentally.....
    You must be fatter than MF then

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
    I'm just amazed how much these dudes are prepared to spend! Rolled up to one guy last week on a Giant TCR advance, deep rim carbon wheels, nice rig, but the actual benefit over a well maintained 'budget' bike is so small it seems insane to me. He was also in full Sunweb kit, but the gut gave the game away somewhat.
    All the gear... no idea!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Working at one of the best hedge funds, I spoke to one of the MDs about triathlon. He is probably a billionaire.

He thought the prices were utterly ridiculous.
    That's why he's a billionaire...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
    I'm just amazed how much these dudes are prepared to spend! Rolled up to one guy last week on a Giant TCR advance, deep rim carbon wheels, nice rig, but the actual benefit over a well maintained 'budget' bike is so small it seems insane to me. He was also in full Sunweb kit, but the gut gave the game away somewhat.
    Working at one of the best hedge funds, I spoke to one of the MDs about triathlon. He is probably a billionaire.

He thought the prices were utterly ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• glebe digital
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    But the point is the passing with inches to spare with a 15-20 miles an hour speed difference should work both ways - either you can do it or you can't.
    its physics innit.

100KG of lycra & bike striking a glancing blow to a 2 ton car will probably result in scratches as the bike will decelerate quickly.

a 2 ton car hitting a 100KG of lycra & bike will probably result in death that is a lot of energy to dissipate.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    But the point is the passing with inches to spare with a 15-20 miles an hour speed difference should work both ways - either you can do it or you can't.
    Doesn't work like that I'm afraid.

In the worse case:
    1. The road warrior can scratch your car as they aren't injuring a person.

2. You will either end up in an accident situation injuring a person, or with points and a fine from the police.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Yep.

If the road warrior hits your car it will scratch the car not you personally.

If you hit the road warrior you will likely injure him.

Plus depending where you are in the country the road warrior could be a plain clothes police officer doing the close pass thing or similar a lot of police forces have decided to do, so you would either be given "advice" on your driving or get points and a fine.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    So here's one for the cyclists amongst you.

Sat in traffic this morning and some cyclist road warrior went roaring down the inside doing 15-20 miles an hour missing cars by inches.

But if I go past a cyclist with a 15-20 mile an hour difference only give them 'inches' of space - everyone loses their minds.

Can anyone explain?
    Yep.

If the road warrior hits your car it will scratch the car not you personally.

If you hit the road warrior you will likely injure him.

Plus depending where you are in the country the road warrior could be a plain clothes police officer doing the close pass thing or similar a lot of police forces have decided to do, so you would either be given "advice" on your driving or get points and a fine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X