• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Arsenal owner supports trophy hunting of endangered species"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Nah, they just come to the UK and nick your jobs, apparently

Actually that's probably not true, South Africans probably go to Holland and Namibians to Germany
    There are lots in the UK.

Have no problem with most of them.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Bloody Western Imperialist!

Telling Namibians and South Africans how to manage their wild life. They don't come here and tell us to stop shooting rabbits and deer.
    Nah, they just come to the UK and nick your jobs, apparently

Actually that's probably not true, South Africans probably go to Holland and Namibians to Germany

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Well, that's easy to do, tell rich people that it's a sport and then any man or woman who cycle through Surrey on a Sunday over breeding age can be shot
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Well, that's easy to do, tell rich people that it's a sport and then any man or woman over breeding age can be shot, and any that do not contribute to society.
    As long as they do clean shots.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Perhaps in some parts of RSA, but that isn't always the case.
    Such as Zimbabwe, where there's not much left to shoot these days.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Well, that's easy to do, tell rich people that it's a sport and then any man or woman over breeding age can be shot, and any that do not contribute to society.
    Hmmm you may have a point there.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Im a humanist I think we should randomly exterminate two thirds of the world population and would happily go if my ticket was punched as part of that idea. The Facts are regardless of the things we try, we have too many humans on this planet and the damage we cause is horrific. If we really want to solve the issues we face we need a managed breeding program that wipes most of us out inside 100 years.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Im a humanist I think we should randomly exterminate two thirds of the world population and would happily go if my ticket was punched as part of that idea. The Facts are regardless of the things we try, we have too many humans on this planet and the damage we cause is horrific. If we really want to solve the issues we face we need a managed breeding program that wipes most of us out inside 100 years.
    Maybe.

However in the case of the 2/3 of football chairmen who need to be exterminated I would like to see them eaten by Lions.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I support the culling of football chairmen who need to be killed anyway. I have to admit, I don't care if people pay money for that or not. And if the money goes to the greater good or not.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Actually if you re-read the original post that I made. it is saying exactly what the Adam Ruins it video does.

I don't believe in letting rich guys blow holes in random animals for fun. I support making them pay a bloody fortune that can be re-used for good so that they can shoot the ones that need to be killed anyway.

Like all things in life there will be good and bad schemes but the white rhino figures speak volumes for themselves.
    I support the culling of football chairmen who need to be killed anyway. I have to admit, I don't care if people pay money for that or not. And if the money goes to the greater good or not.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Simon the video was interesting, particularly the "in some countries the money goes to conservation" and "in some circumstances hunting may be a good idea", and "sometimes the funding goes to breeding the animals... to kill them" etc.

The generic "trophy hunting is a great idea" as lauded by bobspud is untrue.
    Actually if you re-read the original post that I made. it is saying exactly what the Adam Ruins it video does.

I don't believe in letting rich guys blow holes in random animals for fun. I support making them pay a bloody fortune that can be re-used for good so that they can shoot the ones that need to be killed anyway.

Like all things in life there will be good and bad schemes but the white rhino figures speak volumes for themselves.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Simon the video was interesting, particularly the "in some countries the money goes to conservation" and "in some circumstances hunting may be a good idea", and "sometimes the funding goes to breeding the animals... to kill them" etc.

Bloody Western Imperialist!

Telling Namibians and South Africans how to manage their wild life. They don't come here and tell us to stop shooting rabbits and deer.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Arsenal owner supports trophy hunting of endangered species

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Actually when it comes to hunting the endangered species the government and local game keepers go to great lengths to identify the animal that is allowed to be killed. Then they track it is and take the paying idiot to it so that they know they hit what they came for. There is no way anyone would support the idea otherwise.
    Perhaps in some parts of RSA, but that isn't always the case.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Actually there was an amazing programme on radio 4 the other week talking to the hunter that bought the permit to kill a black rhino.

The longest story short is: We all like looking at the 'ickle fluffy lions and big scary rhinos from the safety of a lens sat in our front room 10,000 miles away. But the facts of life that the bunny huggers will never understand is living with a grumpy +200kg lump of human killing bastard on your door step is a severe pain in the arse and one most of them would like to **** off altogether. So if you want to see these beautiful beasts survive you had better get a financial value on them damn fast so that the locals can see a reason to live with them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X