• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Britain must have a 'grown-up debate' about tax increases..."

Collapse

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I am happy for you to be poorer and free of the EU, but I am not happy to be dragged into poverty with you.
    You won't be.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    I would rather be poorer and free of the EU.
    I am happy for you to be poorer and free of the EU, but I am not happy to be dragged into poverty with you.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Well that's good news.
    Then we'll just stick around for the lolz.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Our work here is nearly done.
    Well that's good news.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Cue one liner:

"you will be".
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    FTFY
    Our work here is nearly done.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Cue one liner:

"That's what you voted for you cretin, thick as mince you are. Thank god my spouse funds my high life".
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Cue one liner:

"you will be".

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The problem is thst higher taxes won't give us good high quality stuff - 1% extra pay raise in public sector is roughly about what Tory will collect from massive hike on dividends, it's tiny increase that won't make any difference - it was much smarter to control inflation (no Brexit so Sterling would have been higher)

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Good for you.
    Moo...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Bit like Germany benefitting from a soft Euro due to all those trashed southern states? Funny old World.

P.s. I only buy UK produced butter.
    Good for you.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    UK has always benefited from cheap (subsidised) Irish food imports, which is where the majority of EU contributions to Ireland go.
    Bit like Germany benefitting from a soft Euro due to all those trashed southern states? Funny old World.

P.s. I only buy UK produced butter.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Indeed and now they'll be paying even more.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    UK has always benefited from cheap (subsidised) Irish food imports, which is where the majority of EU contributions to Ireland go.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    It's only three weeks contribution. Surely your pressing question should be how much more tax you'll have to pay to fund the RoI's additional EU contributions?
    They only became a net contributor recently.

Ireland contributes more money than it gets to EU for first time - Independent.ie

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    It's only three weeks contribution. Surely your pressing question should be how much more tax you'll have to pay to fund the RoI's additional EU contributions?
    I'm worried about potential UK VAT increases on smoky coal and fireworks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X