• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Time to cut benefits?"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    I appreciate it's Friday afternoon, but you can do better than that.
    You get what you deserve.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    What is Inheritence tax?
    I appreciate it's Friday afternoon, but you can do better than that.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I'm a fast learner.

Inheritence tax - loved by those without anything coming their way, loathed by those that have.
    What is Inheritence tax?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    You're talking nonsense. Again.
    I'm a fast learner.

Inheritence tax - loved by those without anything coming their way, loathed by those that have.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    he is just trying to get down to the remainers level

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I know of a few people with elderly relatives who find them difficult(like PC). The alternative is far worse.

Though the only reason I want to become old is to become as much of a burden to my children as they were to me.
    Be nice to your kids they choose your care home!

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Difference being (as you well know ) is it's taxing something that has already been purchased and subject to tax (stamp duty) and bought with income that has already been taxed. Anyway, I say viva the seven year rule.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    So? It is still already taxed income.
    Difference being (as you well know ) is it's taxing something that has already been purchased and subject to tax (stamp duty) and bought with income that has already been taxed. Anyway, I say viva the seven year rule.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Thought you had to buy stuff to encounter VAT?
    So? It is still already taxed income.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    What I mean is - if one generation decides to keep their inherited wealth, spend it on what ever they fancy, or even to pass it on to the cats home because they do not believe in inherited wealth - and the youngsters at the bottom of the waterfall inherit nothing. Have they lost out?

This is an ethical question.
    Sorry, my misunderstanding. Yes, of course they have lost out. However, the main reason that this is become such a question is that inheritance of even a relatively modest house (in terms of size) can be a life changing event financially.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    What I mean is - if one generation decides to keep their inherited wealth, spend it on what ever they fancy, or even to pass it on to the cats home because they do not believe in inherited wealth - and the youngsters at the bottom of the waterfall inherit nothing. Have they lost out?

Not necessarily.

Many people leave little to nothing for the next generation.

For example all my grand parents are now dead - think in inheritance I ended up with about 20k altogether - not life changing

My parents got nothing as it skipped them and came straight to me and my brothers.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    I’m pretty sure tax rises are proportional to tax evasion. Why should the state get its mits on already taxed income?

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    You should have listened to susguro.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    So will you abolish VAT on the same basis?
    Thought you had to buy stuff to encounter VAT?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I’m pretty sure tax rises are proportional to tax evasion. Why should the state get its mits on already taxed income?
    So will you abolish VAT on the same basis?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X