• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Effing Useless Council"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    In the days before the importation of foreign labour, and students could get menial jobs in the summer hols I worked in a paper recycling factory.
    One of the many and varied jobs performed was to put all the collected newspapers through a shredder and add the shredded output to the bailer machine. After 5 minutes boredom set in and the day's task was to work out exactly how many sheets of newspaper fed in together would it take to jam the machine, also my research noted that the FT could caused jams quicker than the other newspapers.
    And did you know: top of the collected paper hierarchy (like gold dust) were the old computer punch cards!

More meaningless drivel later....
    Last edited by Troll; 22 November 2006, 09:59.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    my previous council wouldn't take shredded paper either, Said it clogged the machines

tim

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    The paper collectors won't take shredded paper to the factory where it gets shredded?

Is this one of them demarkation disputes or are your local bin-men really a bunch of to55ers?

It's way too stupid to be a wind up...

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect
    Not that I'm paranoid or anything... but I put my shredded documents in the composter. Not only do I make sure sensitive documents don't leave my house, in 6 months hey presto! fertilizer for my flowers.

HTH.
    Now all your carrots have your credit card pin numbers on them.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    The Girl you used to live nextdoor to.
    The important one was Sally

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Alice? Alice ?? Who the fuck is Alice ??
    The Girl you used to live nextdoor to.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Caught one!

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Except Alice

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy
    Buy a Woodburner Stove , From £200. I looks nice in the living room, gives out free heat and you can even pop a kettle on it.

What a good idea - does that really work for paper stuff Paddy?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant ....
    Except Alice

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    OK

thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    stranger than fiction

Originally posted by Mailman
    Take all your shreaded paper down to the council, tip it out and run.

Then wait approximately 2 weeks while they put it all back together to prosecute you for littering!

Mailman
    You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant ....

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Take all your shreaded paper down to the council, tip it out and run.

Then wait approximately 2 weeks while they put it all back together to prosecute you for littering!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Is this a joke? Who cares if it makes a mess? It's a fecking bin wagon. It gets filled with rubbish on a regular basis. A bit of paper should be the least of their worries. Next they will stop accepting rubbish because it too prevents their shiny clean bin wagon from staying that way.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    But seriously, this ranks up there with people being done for putting the wrong kinds of paper in for collection.

Actually...you are probably lucky you didnt fall victim to big tony's "tough on criminal" stance!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X