• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK omnishambles engulfs Lib Dems"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I doubt that even 30% of the UK population actively bother gods.
    About 30% believe they have a guardian angel. I suppose that could be another term for luck.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The argument mentioned during every census is they don't separate those who regularly go to a place of worship, to those who go for special occasions from those who call themselves a particular religion due to their upbringing and culture. Most people who call themselves Christian, Hindu, Silk etc and the minority of Muslims I've met fall into the latter two groups.
    Yeah, but are you an atheist Christian, Hindu, Sikh, Muslim,...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The non-God botherers in the UK are still in the minority (30-40% of the total population). You should get the Labour party to campaign for you. They like minorities, such as women.
    The argument mentioned during every census is they don't separate those who regularly go to a place of worship, to those who go for special occasions from those who call themselves a particular religion due to their upbringing and culture. Most people who call themselves Christian, Hindu, Silk etc and the minority of Muslims I've met fall into the latter two groups.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    You need to check your history books. The plan was to blow up the protestants and replace them with a king and parliament loyal to, and subordinate to, the Pope.
    I was wondering if someone else had spotted that.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    The non-God botherers in the UK are still in the minority (30-40% of the total population). You should get the Labour party to campaign for you. They like minorities, such as women.
    I doubt that even 30% of the UK population actively bother gods.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Rabotnik View Post
    This struck me the other day when they printed the photo of Theresa May coming out of church. I thought FFS, it's 2017 and the prime minister of the UK is still singing songs to her imaginary friend.
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    That and a queen who is also head of a church that's even more ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I know this man would be capable of taking us through Brexit and beyond.

Just sayin'

You need to check your history books. The plan was to blow up the protestants and replace them with a king and parliament loyal to, and subordinate to, the Pope.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by covbob View Post
    So who's next on the Lib Dem leadership merry-go-round? TBH I can't think of any stand-out figures in the party right now.
    Quite. It's not as though they've got a wealth of options, they've gone from being able to hold their party conference in a phone box to needing a whole bus shelter.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Vote LibDems!!!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Tim Farron's excuse will be used by May when she resigns.

"I had to resign because I had to make a choice between my faith and politics."

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Screaming Lord Sutch?
    TBH, as well as things are going now we could do a hell of a lot worse

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Just sayin'

Screaming Lord Sutch?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    What We Really, Really, Want and What We Really, Really, Need....

Just sayin'

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    It is so the Pope ain't the head.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Rabotnik View Post
    This struck me the other day when they printed the photo of Theresa May coming out of church. I thought FFS, it's 2017 and the prime minister of the UK is still singing songs to her imaginary friend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X