• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who should be the next Tory leader?"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Yes it is increasingly looking like the UK will end up as an EU protectorate, with the EU providing enough life support to prevent the UK from becoming a failed state.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Jean-Claude Juncker

Ja ja
    Surely he would just appoint a Governor for the EU Protectorate of Great Britain. It's heading in that direction.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Jean-Claude Juncker

Ja ja

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Reminds me of David Niven's book "the moons the balloon". On his army application he put the regiment he preferred to join as "anyone except the highlanders". Someone in the War office was funnier than him....
    Not sure where he ended up, but it must have been pretty hairy at times because he was in the Normandy Landings in 1944.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    What about Jacob Rees-Mogg ?
    No his nanny!

"My nanny and I..."

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    What about Jacob Rees-Mogg ?

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Tony Blair, next question...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I voted for Sajid Javid.

Why? First non-white PM and will make Labour look even more backward than they are.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Anyone but Philip Hammond. He's as wet as a beached jellyfish in a rock pool, and a well known Remainer.
    He is those things. Also he appears not to be a complete sociopath, so entirely the wrong person to drive the country over the cliff.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Anyone but Philip Hammond. He's as wet as a beached jellyfish in a rock pool, and a well known Remainer.
    Reminds me of David Niven's book "the moons the balloon". On his army application he put the regiment he preferred to join as "anyone except the highlanders". Someone in the War office was funnier than him....

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Philip Hammond is a bit like a jelly fish.

Unfortunately George Osborne isn't around, but he is doing an excellent job skewering May at the London Evening Standard.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I read they're looking for 1billion in grants

Milan.
    Capital funding I have heard. I'm manoeuvering to see if I can win a small chunk of the business.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I read they're looking for 1billion in grants

Milan.
    People's Republic of Northern Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    They know they have the balance of power. They're exploiting that. The Tory's would rather give them some concessions than have a Corbyn government.
    But the DUP really don't want a Corbyn government. Just challenge them to bring down the government if they dare.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X