• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why everyone must leave the UK NOW"

Collapse

• squarepeg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've worked before for a client in the FinTech market, based in Singapore. My plan is to move there and take a perm role in that company.
    So long. Don't write back.

Leave a comment:

• fatJock
    replied
    God. What a depressing thread. Nothing changed here, I'll still be invoicing on Friday and working my own political game to look after me and my own to the best of my ability.

I voted Tory but I'm not afraid of a labour government. Spend, spend, boom and bust. Seen it many times before and will again.

Being a contractor we should be amongs the best place to ride the inevitable waves of both boom and bust.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    And live there permanently or head down to Australia?

Good money to be made in Singers, that's for sure.
    Dim is more Swindon Swingers.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I left the UK more than 15 years ago and never looked back you wally.

I wasn't an economic migrant though. I was thriving and making good money in London. I followed a woman. ...
    Crikey, that's intense. When you got there, did you find her?

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    There was an election two days ago, did you forget already?! Germany's has an election September 2017.

Bragging rights rescinded
    argh. You got me there.

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    You keep painting this armageddon picture when the Tories themselves are destroying the country.

First cameron offers a EU referendum he did not need to after promising to fix broken Britain by only further dividing it. His successor calls an election she did not need to, to only do what boast her ego? The party has tripled the country's debt. Then we have two terrorist attacks before the election and she tops that off by going into a coalition with a terrorist creationist believing organisation.

You're right. The country is going to the dogs. But not by Corbyn's hand.
    Good stuff here from Scooter

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    I'll bet you "bragging rights" that there will be no election in 2017.
    There was an election two days ago, did you forget already?! Germany has an election September 2017.

Bragging rights rescinded
    Last edited by scooterscot; 10 June 2017, 20:49.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    £10k says there'll be another election before the end of 2017.
    Most people learn from their mistakes. I like to learn from the mistakes of others.

I'll bet you "bragging rights" that there will be no election in 2017.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You are assuming that the current minority govt doesn't collapse in 6 months time and another GE is called..
    Agreed.

How many years has been spent on keeping the peace in NI? The prospect of undoing that will cost lives.

You hardly see sectarianism associated events in Scotland these days. Bu hell next orange parade in Glasgow and they'll be riots - mark my words.

Unbelievable a new GE was not called. How desperate for power are these people they are willing to risk rolling back the clock?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

It's all going to turn to tulip and anyone over 30 is going to be on the wrong side.
    You keep painting this armageddon picture when the Tories themselves are destroying the country.

First cameron offers a EU referendum he did not need to after promising to fix broken Britain by only further dividing it. His successor calls an election she did not need to, to only do what boost her ego? The party has tripled the country's debt. Then we have two terrorist attacks before the election and she tops that off by going into a coalition with a terrorist creationist believing organisation.

You're right. The country is going to the dogs. But not by Corbyn's hand.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 10 June 2017, 19:27.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    The next election is in 5 years time....
    £10k says there'll be another election before the end of 2017.

UDP contributing to policy in Scotland will divide the country further, feck me those days of folk of their ilk don't need awaking.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Looked in the mirror recently...
    Yeah, looking pretty handsome for 42. It's my med genes, tolerant of the sun.

Yourself?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Tosser.
    Looked in the mirror recently...

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Biggest bag of tulip I have heard but then again if you're an insular person then I suspect you think it is true. This is why you will always bee a boring little person unable to broaden their horizons and explains a lot of Brexiters. I consider myself as an economic migrant and I don't regret it at all, life has never been better...
    I left the UK more than 15 years ago and never looked back you wally.

I wasn't an economic migrant though. I was thriving and making good money in London. I followed a woman. Don't regret it either. Life is good cashed up in the sun.

Tosser.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X