• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "We need to talk about Diane Abbott. Now."

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    That's my understanding also.
    Maybe we should be doing the hash tag - #ServiceDogForDiane

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I actually think she has uncontrolled type 2 diabetes.

Some people reasonably quickly learn how to control their diabetes whether it is type 1 or type 2, there as others end up struggling for years and end up needing help such as a dog to tell them when their blood sugar is fecked so they don't collapse.
    That's my understanding also.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I have seen exactly the same happening before. Politician pretending she was terminally ill resigned from parliament, because she had only months to live, tears blah blah blah. 2 years later she resurfaces as if nothing had happened, cancer turned out to be made up to get attention
    Where and who?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I have seen exactly the same happening before. Politician pretending she was terminally ill resigned from parliament, because she had only months to live, tears blah blah blah. 2 years later she resurfaces as if nothing had happened, cancer turned out to be made up to get attention
    I actually think she has uncontrolled type 2 diabetes.

Some people reasonably quickly learn how to control their diabetes whether it is type 1 or type 2, there as others end up struggling for years and end up needing help such as a dog to tell them when their blood sugar is fecked so they don't collapse.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    You probably lack the insight to understand why.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Why, for being realistic?
    You probably lack the insight to understand why.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    You really are a deeply unpleasant person.
    Why, for being realistic?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    It just goes to show that, sometimes, it really doesn't matter a jot what a candidate gets up to

and

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Maybe I am strange in that I see it as a strength that someone who is supposed to be running the country is not willing to take part in the media circus and does not have pc soundbites ready for any topic.

Not saying May is great but having some flash tw@ who has a ready answer for everything is maybe also not the answer.
    You have clearly not listened to the interviews she has given throughout the election campaign.

Labour will get more votes then they initially would have simply because Corbyn answered the interviewer's questions without saying his punchline every second breath.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Maybe I am strange in that I see it as a strength that someone who is supposed to be running the country is not willing to take part in the media circus and does not have pc soundbites ready for any topic.

Not saying May is great but having some flash tw@ who has a ready answer for everything is maybe also not the answer.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    When you are a politician you can be asked anything so you need to be able to make up same bullshoot to appease the interviewer. Blair, Cameron and even Abbot when well can do this. May struggles.

You however do need to have quickly accessible notes on your major policies. This is where Abbott and Corbyn have screwed up recently.

Also if you are front bench - shadow or proper - you get less sleep as you have to react to news as it happens e.g. bombings.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    This is true.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I'm sure she's faking her illness just to get attention, she is exactly the type who would do that

Leave a comment:

• Elliegirl
    replied
    Couple of points -
    1. 2 members of the Labour party known for their candid views and refusal to lie including the dear leader state she is ill.

2. As someone who was accused of faking physical illness don't go there. There are plenty of conditions until you have them you aren't aware how they can screw your life up.
    Paul Mason was castigated for saying that Theresa May might have health problems. I did find myself wondering how much her Type 1 Diabetes might have affected her decisions to take part in certain activities. It's a horrible condition which shortened my brother's life. I am not a Tory, but I'm completely in awe of her taking on such a role while living with this condition.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    If she is so clever then why doesn't she prep up properly before going into interviews and not start making tulip up in the hope that she can bluff her way through. It might work when answering questions for joe public, who she can fob off. It's not going to work in a 1 on 1 interview when the person asking the questions can press her on the subject. Her last effort on Sky was terrible. It was like watching a kid at school who was pretending to have done their homework!
    When you are a politician you can be asked anything so you need to be able to speak off the cuff. Blair, Cameron and even Abbot when well can do this. May struggles.

You however do need to have quickly accessible notes on your major policies. This is where Abbott and Corbyn have screwed up recently.

Also if you are front bench - shadow or proper - you get less sleep as you have to react to news as it happens e.g. bombings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X