• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Remainers may know this"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    At least he now has the insight to call it a 'simple question'.
    There is no such thing. Though there are some simple people. Like you.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I recently heard that the EU changed the exit rules just after Article 50 was invoked.

Any EU country wishing to leave, as the UK is, now needs the unanimous consent of every other EU country.

Is this true? Has the EU effectively sealed the exit, so all other EU countries are trapped with no possibility of escape?
    I think you made up this on purpose to provoke.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Word goes Tory govt is still counting all the profits from brexit

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Even by your standards, the question was imbecilic.
    At least he now has the insight to call it a 'simple question'.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Wolfgang Schäuble

It's telling that someone asking a simple question, as I did in starting this thread, gets the same stick from Remainers as if I had been deliberately propagating fake news.
    Even by your standards, the question was imbecilic.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If a leaver posts that the sun will rise in the morning and a remainer is not around to read it, are they still wrong?
    It's an academic question, because Remainers are always around, obsessively waiting for Brexit posts or snippets of "bad news" they can pounce on!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Wolfgang Schäuble

It's telling that someone asking a simple question, as I did in starting this thread, gets the same stick from Remainers as if I had been deliberately propagating fake news.
    CUK seems to have 3 types of posters. Remainers, leavers and AndyW.

If a leaver posts that the sun will rise in the morning and a remainer is not around to read it, are they still wrong?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Make no mistake, anything that appears in the press (British or German - and that's no coincidence) has come straight from Juncker's team, most likely from the German bloke who is Juncker's right hand man. And no, I can't be arsed to look his name up either. I'll call him "Martin the crazy Kraut" for now. How's that?
    Wolfgang Schäuble

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I can't prove it, but a combination of "EU sources" and an EU think-tank whose name I shamefully can't remember with their dabs all over it give the game away somewhat (declaration - I know people in the journo world, and they openly refer to the FT as the mouthpiece of the EU). Make no mistake, anything that appears in the press (British or German - and that's no coincidence) has come straight from Juncker's team, most likely from the German bloke who is Juncker's right hand man. And no, I can't be arsed to look his name up either. I'll call him "Martin the crazy Kraut" for now. How's that?
    Nope, still absolute bollocks...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    You basically just explained your whole existence...Now where is this proof that Juncker leaked it or are your like the rest of the crazies and make tulip up and then believe it? Put up or shut up
    I can't prove it, but a combination of "EU sources" and an EU think-tank whose name I shamefully can't remember with their dabs all over it give the game away somewhat (declaration - I know people in the journo world, and they openly refer to the FT as the mouthpiece of the EU). Make no mistake, anything that appears in the press (British or German - and that's no coincidence) has come straight from Juncker's team, most likely from the German bloke who is Juncker's right hand man. And no, I can't be arsed to look his name up either. I'll call him "Martin the crazy Kraut" for now. How's that?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    It was leaked to the FT by the EU. Your ball...
    No it wasn't. The FT did their own calculations based on various scenarios that the EU could use but haven't committed to yet, and came up with a range of figures from the estimate £60bn originally quoted to £113bn which is the headline they ran with.

https://www.ft.com/content/cc7eed42-...5-23ef563ecf9a

Originally posted by FT
    Estimates of Britain’s Brexit bill are highly variable because they include assumptions on Britain’s exit date, its proper share of contributions, UK receipts such as its budget rebate or EU investment spending, and the type of liabilities it is expected to honour. European diplomats consider this flexibility as helpful in reaching a deal.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Oh I see, in the absence of an intelligent contribution you resort to the incontinence gags. Hilarious, I'm sure.
    You really should think about growing up, or preferably shutting up. Or you could move back to the UK, and then you'd have the right to an opinion. Until then, remember, opinions are just like arseholes. Everyone has one, but most of us don't give a sh*t about anyone else's.
    You basically just explained your whole existence...Now where is this proof that Juncker leaked it or are your like the rest of the crazies and make tulip up and then believe it? Put up or shut up

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    And which right wing post truth media outlet did you read that on?
    Trump tweeted it.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Would that be the same type of leak that stains your underwear brown?
    Oh I see, in the absence of an intelligent contribution you resort to the incontinence gags. Hilarious, I'm sure.
    You really should think about growing up, or preferably shutting up. Or you could move back to the UK, and then you'd have the right to an opinion. Until then, remember, opinions are just like arseholes. Everyone has one, but most of us don't give a sh*t about anyone else's.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I recently heard that the EU changed the exit rules just after Article 50 was invoked.

Any EU country wishing to leave, as the UK is, now needs the unanimous consent of every other EU country.

Is this true? Has the EU effectively sealed the exit, so all other EU countries are trapped with no possibility of escape?
    Just some paranoid right wing fake news.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X