• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: burqa in Poland

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "burqa in Poland"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    burqa should be compulsory for mingers
    and hot shorts for lookers.
    that will be an ideal world.
    And ugly men like you should have to wear face masks...

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Don't get this obsession with the Muslim veil.

There are security concerns as some have said above, and there are occasions, like witnesses in court and interviews, where seeing the face is necessary but generally it's hardly that important in itself.

If it is an oppression of women, the Burqa is only a symptom. we need to address the causes.
    A bit like terrorism, it needs the engagement of the Muslim community(though a major difference is that terrorists claim to be Muslim however are not). However if you suggest that, then Muslims say they are being blamed.

I am currently reading rage by Wilbur Smith. A story based on apartheid in South Africa. Muslim women are going to face a similar struggle and I wish them well.

Leave a comment:

• Mainframe gent
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

There are security concerns as some have said above, and there are occasions, like witnesses in court and interviews, where seeing the face is necessary but generally it's hardly that important in itself.

If it is an oppression of women, the Burqa is only a symptom. we need to address the causes.
    If we wont tolerate discrimination at work and just about everywhere else why would we tolerate permitting the wearing of a veil? If someone is wearing a veil they have chosen to be invisible to the rest of the world which means that they cannot a job or talk to anyone except those within their own family

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mainframe gent
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Thought the Polish historically had better principles than that....
    Why should Poland tolerate suppression of women in public I wonder?

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Targets from syria ?

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    And?

All it shows is how backward Poland is.

There have been rich Arabs in London with wives, sisters, etc who have worn burqas as far as I can remember.
    When my son was 3 and we were visiting London he asked why there are so many ninjas in London

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Why would any women want to wear that tulip if not for reasons of not being opressed, overly looked at by men reason?

My friend (really pretty blonde) is working in emirates now. She started to wear hijab just to stop annoying males stopping their cars all the time, trying to pick her, being looked at constantly up etc etc etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post

My friend (really pretty blonde) is working in emirates now. She started to wear hijab just to stop annoying males stopping their cars all the time, trying to pick her, being looked at constantly up etc etc etc etc.
    I've heard similar from Kuwaiti women about Saudi men.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    the Burqa / Hijjab thing is a bit strange

I went to school in a 70% brown people school in the 90's, (mixture of Sikh / hindu / muslim kids)

I honestly can't remember one girl who wore a Hijjab, but in the last 10-15 years a lot of the muslim moms at my kids schools' and colleagues I work with of the same generation or younger, where a hijab

now I think people should be able to wear what they want and bans on clothing is ridiculous but I find it an interesting phenomenon that probably points to a negative trend when it comes to people choosing to integrate themselves (or not) with the wider society
    Dead right, even around the 60s and 70s I had many muslim friends, all of them integrated an none of them with even a headscarf. However, the women in particular cover themselves, won't shake hands, want separate seating area and even a separate kitchen at client co.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Since I actually know and have known women who choose to wear it themselves for some fecking reason not sure how it is men's fault in those cases especially men who have requested that their wife or daughter doesn't wear it.
    Why would any women want to wear that tulip if not for reasons of not being opressed, overly looked at by men reason?

Last edited by diseasex; 31 May 2017, 14:06.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Since I actually know and have known women who choose to wear it themselves for some fecking reason not sure how it is men's fault in those cases especially men who have requested that their wife or daughter doesn't wear it.
    Its always the mans fault.

FRom the "joke" thread. MEN. Make it impossible for your wife/girlfriend to tell when you've had a drink by talking tulipe all the time. I thought that was the assumption anyway.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Mrs BP thinks Muslims mistreat women making them wear black full clothes in the boiling hot while men get to wear white. Because the men can't keep their libido under control. She suggests men should be castrated or blinded(or in my case both).

Good to see the vast majority here subscribe to the Muslim view of repressing women. Well done folks. Keep it up

(I miss EO)

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    people choosing to integrate themselves (or not) with the wider society
    The UK seems to be less welcoming of immigrants than before. It has nothing to do with the government blaming immigrants for their own shortcomings. No Sir.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X