• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Has there been a more incompetent party leader than Teresa May?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Who better to advise us all about "failure" than you sas?

Really found your niche at last.

The only time he has anything nice to say it is about something that happened 10 years ago. CUK was much better then or politicians were much better then.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    A great interview
    KUATB...http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2423353

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    A great interview
    "We are in the farcical situation where the politician who keeps telling us she is strong keeps hiding from the one she keeps saying is weak"

Quite. She's going to win but I shudder to think what the Brexit outcome will be with this mediocrity in charge. She won't be able to stand up to the Tory nutter ideologues who want to convert the country into their little fiefdom of low wages, no employment rights and shit privatision of everything whether it works or not.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    A great interview

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    A bit of Friday fun.

Election’s off, says May

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Nurse! Nurse! Bring more meds, I'm agreeing with Sas.
    I would say Mr Zeity has had more than enough meds already.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    The promise of Brexit is great.
    This is ******* hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Perhaps I underestimated her. Its almost as if she wants to fail. I dont blame her
    Who better to advise us all about "failure" than you sas?

Really found your niche at last.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Perhaps I underestimated her. Its almost as if she wants to fail. I dont blame her, who would want to go down in history as the one who hammered the final nail in the UK's coffin?
    A coffin needs a lot of nails.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Perhaps I underestimated her. Its almost as if she wants to fail. I dont blame her, who would want to go down in history as the one who hammered the final nail in the UK's coffin?

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Boris looks increasingly like being a favourite to succeed May should she "fail".
    Ladbrokes have Amber Rudd at 5/1, Boris at 6/1

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Boris looks increasingly like being a favourite to succeed May should she "fail".

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    But yes 'Strong and Stable' is just a sound bite which initially sounded good to some people.
    It was tulip from day one.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by grabri View Post
    What, in your opinion, makes the quote invalid?

I agree with your comment on Blair gov. It accelerated a trend towards spin and style over substance and content.. and worryingly this has led us to a situation where the gullible are happy to believe in and parrot the soundbites of the leaders without actually questioning the reality - Strong and Stable anyone?
    For me the quote is invalid now because it seems all politicians do is throw insults at each other....

But yes 'Strong and Stable' is just a sound bite which initially sounded good to some people.

the main issue is the voters simply do not dig deep enough into what each party really offers and make a decision based on a rounded view of all policies - they just pick the headline few which they like and vote based on that.

And then the elected party decide whether or not they are going to follow through with their manifesto anyway so maybe there is no point in doing anything but voting for your favourite person and ignoring the policies.

Which is a pretty sad state of affairs and reflects on all parties.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Her Q&A session today basically shows it:

Journalists covering Theresa May’s campaign are getting frustrated at her refusal to answer questions and the highlight of the Q&A came when Channel 4 News’ Michael Crick delivered a mini-diatribe on their behalf. Addressing May, he asked her:
    Isn’t the reason that you are doing so badly that whenever people ask you about policy, all get are cliches and platitudes, and we’ve seen the same today. People think there is nothing there. Now, let’s get something straight, shall we? You mentioned £8bn for the health service. You mentioned managing money. Where is the £8bn coming from?

Sometimes aggressive questions work, by provoking politicians into sending more than they intended, but not this time. May gave her standard response about how a growing economy would generate more money for the NHS. But what if the economy goes downhill, Crick asked in a follow-up. People should vote Conservative to ensure it does not go downhill, she replied.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X