• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK told to prepare for workforce of 80-year-olds"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    This post kind of sums up Brexit. Arrogant. Delusional. And factually incorrect.

Immigration allows Britons to continue to not have to pay for things. We could have a society without immigration, and without working everybody until they drop, but we won't get there through blaming others for our problems or through our sense of entitlement from our perceived great past.
    Cmon I put it up there someone surely...

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    But that's what most of the crap I post...
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Oh, I didn't say that because I didn't want to hurt his feelings but you just have done it.
    But that's what most of the crap you post is Bee.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    This post kind of sums up Brexit. Arrogant. Delusional. And factually incorrect.

Immigration allows Britons to continue to not have to pay for things. We could have a society without immigration, and without working everybody until they drop, but we won't get there through blaming others for our problems or through our sense of entitlement from our perceived great past.
    Oh, I didn't say that because I didn't want to hurt his feelings but you just have done it.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    The uk is a nation of inventors we gave the world the internet

For free......

Just let that sink in.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Bastards! I want to retire, not work until I drop!

ZeitGrandFather1 did that.

ZeitGrandFather2 popped his clogs a year before he got to pension age.
    So have you been stockpiling from work the isotopes that sustain you?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    You are really advocating importing people to do the jobs for other people.

The 1800's are calling they want their slave trade back 👀
    See if you can spot the error in logic you have made there.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Like im gonna live to 80....

But should we not look at a way to create a society which removes the need?

And by just letting immigrants to do the work you never create a need so no one ever solves the problem.

For free......

Just let that sink in.
    Yes, you can create a society which removes the need for more immigrants if you create the conditions to increase the birth rate.

Remembering the past without finding the solutions for the future it's not a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    This is a kind of a populist answer.

if you don't want to be working at the age of 80 or see your taxes increasing, you need to have more active people working that also includes creating more jobs.

You prefer to have a British citizen working at the age of 80 instead of an immigrant in their 30. Oh, and you should know that the slaves don't pay taxes.
    Like im gonna live to 80....

But should we not look at a way to create a society which removes the need?

And by just letting immigrants to do the work you never create a need so no one ever solves the problem.

For free......

Just let that sink in.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    And, as I said earlier on the student fees thread, get people into work sooner.
    Your wish is the government's command: https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...bite?CMP=fb_gu

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied

This is a kind of a populist answer.

if you don't want to be working at the age of 80 or see your taxes increasing, you need to have more active people working that also includes creating more jobs.

You prefer to have a British citizen working at the age of 80 instead of an immigrant in their 30. Oh, and you should know that the slaves don't pay taxes.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    This could be improved with more immigrants. Oh, wait...

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    This could be improved with more immigrants. Oh, wait...

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    cantankerous old barstewards who know what they are doing
    Excellent. An improvement on current...

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Indeed better than a bunch of clueless snowflakes

Leave a comment:

Working...