• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Three Girls

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Three Girls"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I thought you already had trouble with one wife. I don't know why you would want 3 more to make your life even more difficult.
    Probably more efficient given the churn rate.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Where do I sign up?
    I thought you already had trouble with one wife. I don't know why you would want 3 more to make your life even more difficult.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Men have authority over women because Allah has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them.
    Where do I sign up?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    OK, I concede the 48 hour rule wouldn't be appropriate for infants and young kids, and I suppose Vikings lived in simple villages and dwellings where there was little if any privacy. So maybe for them child abuse would have been inevitably detected by adults, and the situation you refer to wouldn't arise.

But I still maintain it is unjust and unacceptable to entertain complaints from an adult or teenager who delays months or years, even decades sometimes, before revealing their abuse. Apart from anything else, it's an open invitation for false allegations, which I'm sure a lot of these "historic" abuse claims are.
    Might be worth you actually watching the programme its quite a complex subject. Steps towards Rape & assault are frequently not direct especially when grooming, the historic abuse was done by accomplished manipulators. Society was more like Life on Mars (yes really) inappropriate touching was common.

I do keep saying we need to segment Rape into specific offences with differing minimums just as we do with Fraud & death.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    [QUOTE=northernladyuk;2417929][QUOTE=filthy1980;2417924]
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I don't accuse everyone of racism and stupidity, only stupid racists

Not all brown people are Asian.
    indeed but you were trying to AVOID saying muslim so used Asian instead, you weren't confusing them with Mexicans I'm sure
    Last edited by filthy1980; 19 May 2017, 11:52. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Someone will find bits out of the Bible if you aren't careful.
    Yes, isn't there a bit where it says something like "Women should be silent in the congregation"?

Mind you, these days that doesn't stop women sounding forth from the pulpit.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Like this you mean
    Someone will find bits out of the Bible if you aren't careful. After all the Church of England is this state's official religion.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    You are a feckwit.

Did you watch the program?

Do you know any teachers, social workers, youth workers, doctors, nurses etc who deal with children particularly with child protection? If so go and have a serious conversation with them about why the child in these cases does see what happened to them is wrong and why that child is are behaving like they are.
    OK, I concede the 48 hour rule wouldn't be appropriate for infants and young kids, and I suppose Vikings lived in simple villages and dwellings where there was little if any privacy. So maybe for them child abuse would have been inevitably detected by adults, and the situation you refer to wouldn't arise.

But I still maintain it is unjust and unacceptable to entertain complaints from an adult or teenager who delays months or years, even decades sometimes, before revealing their abuse. Apart from anything else, it's an open invitation for false allegations, which I'm sure a lot of these "historic" abuse claims are.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    [QUOTE=filthy1980;2417924][QUOTE=northernladyuk;2417900]I don't accuse everyone of racism and stupidity, only stupid racists

I'm glad you stopped using Asian, not all brown people have the same culture
    Not all brown people are Asian.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I don't accuse everyone of racism and stupidity, only stupid racists

But here is a thought for you:

Muslim men are disproportionately represented in gangs that groom and abuse girls. Is this because there is something about Muslim or Pakistani etc. culture? Or is it because they are more likely to work in the night-time economy (taxis and takeaways) so have more opportunity? Or is there a mixture of these factors? It's important not to fall into a post hoc ergo propter hoc type fallacy.

It is important not to duck conversations about culture, but it is equally important not to focus on culture and ignore other factors. It is also interesting that the right-wing press wants to talk about the problem with Muslims (I paraphrase) but not the problem with men. Why is that? Is that not ducking a difficult conversation because anti-Muslim prejudice aligns with the newspapers' position, but anti-male prejudice is in opposition. If people refuse to talk about the disproportionate number of males involved as perpetrators are they not sort of tossers that let these perverts hide and the Police afraid to prosecute, and according to your reasoning 'fecking Aholes'?

Now all of that is about how we understand and discuss the problem. The other critical point where I would agree with you broadly, is that religion and race should never prevent investigation, arrest, prosecution and conviction.

Now go and have a cup of tea.
    I have addressed both issues, there are other nationalities, religions & nationalities heavily involved in the night time economy they do not seem to be appearing in court. Abuse was done at night and the people were NOT working. The other people involved were also from the same culture so the abusers shared amongst their own.

This seems to be an issue in certain cultures and needs addressing, as I say if they were catholic priests I would expect it to be investigated. There is no suggestion that the wider Muslim community are involved but a small minority obviously are.

I don't recall many Chinese/Italian(Pizza),American(Hamburgers & stretch limos),English(Fish & Chips) based grooming gangs but maybe the police are protecting them as well?

Mini Cab London - Polish Taxi London - Polish MiniCab - Airport

We had the Police saying 90% of ATM crimes are caused by X nationals and they were told off.

https://fullfact.org/europe/over-her...-90-atm-crime/

Europol supported the French, Romania and Spain police forces to arrest them.

https://www.europol.europa.eu/newsro...led-in-romania

Now if the British Police had concentrated on that lead would they have been behind bars earlier?

If Origin is a key feature of the criminal gang makeup then we need to prove its not relevant.

Good on your last statement

2 sugars Darling!

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    [QUOTE=northernladyuk;2417900]I don't accuse everyone of racism and stupidity, only stupid racists

[QUOTE]

I'm glad you stopped using Asian, not all brown people have the same culture

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    "Cor, look at the knockers on that. Oi darling fancy a quickie in guards wagon?" said one of the creeps traveling in a group of (approx.) 11 white males on the Brighton to London train a short while ago to a young woman traveling alone. Wasn't the only comment from them. I think you'll find that type of thing prevalent in many societies...
    Like this you mean

“Men have authority over women because Allah has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because Allah has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them.” — Qur’an 4:34

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    "Cor, look at the knockers on that. Oi darling fancy a quickie in guards wagon?" said one of the creeps traveling in a group of (approx.) 11 white males on the Brighton to London train a short while ago to a young woman traveling alone. Wasn't the only comment from them. I think you'll find that type of thing prevalent in many societies...
    As you weren't there you will have to rely on me saying it was not exactly the same.

Also, you have failed to address ,with your poor analogy, why they only had those conversations with me when she was actually there.
    It should be noted they didn't address any of the comments directly to her.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Whilst I agree that is unacceptable ladish behaviour and can be seen as intimidating - to an extent it was really just a pish poor attempt at romantic overtures.

It is quite a distance from finding some vulnerable young girls, plying them with drugs and alcohol and then inviting your mates round for a circle jerk.

Continually and with aspirations to roam the streets for more and to continue doing it for a number of years when you know the it is against the laws of the country you are in.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    In a nutshell really.

In India it takes on a more childish but annoying tone.

Young Indian guys turning the conversation to westerners love of sex, pron and pron movies, this only ever happened when my girlfriend was actually present.

It happened on at least 10 occasions on that trip (8 months long).
    A loose threat of violence usually shut them up, but not always. Sometimes moving away was the only option, difficult when you have a booked bunk on the train.

The other many times I have been to India alone, that sort of conversation has never come up.

You can make of that what you will.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X