• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Strong & Stable or Out of depth"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Labour voters dream of the future

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    There are no MPs anymore, only candidates. However, he isn't a candidate either
    That's true and if the hard left are in power he will never be leader.

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    The problems with Labour are structural and go way beyond leadership. Scotland, for example.
    Yep and they like we were told openly what the problem was in Scotland, and now what the problem is in England after Corbyn got into power. The only difference is we hear and sigh because we want an opposition there as they don't give a sh*t as they are waiting for the glorious revolution.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    The Tory leader has spoken...

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    One problem David Miliband isn't an MP or even in the House of Lords.

They do have other MPs who they could roll out and do fine as they don't have such militant backgrounds.
    There are no MPs anymore, only candidates. However, he isn't a candidate either

The problems with Labour are structural and go way beyond leadership. Scotland, for example.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    We also have Komrade Korbyn's neighbour in Islington South fecking up - linky

She also has a potty mouth

and dislikes White Van Man.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    It seems it's Corbyn that is the only thing stopping Labour doing well in and maybe even winning the election.

Not quite true.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    May always looks to me a bit awkward
    She's a first generation synthetic. Won't be long before she progresses from eating chips to a bacon butty, then we know she's been upgraded to level 2.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    May always looks to me a bit awkward

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Too many hard lefts and they'll end up doing as many U-turns as the conservatives.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    If Brexit goes wrong people won't care if Labour are hard left, they'll simply vote for them just to punish the government.

A hard left Britain outside the EU could be an interesting prospect from an academic political science point of view

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    They could give him Corbyn's constituency.

I did wonder if with the snap election we'd get a snap leader swap. And the LibDems could have got Clegg back too who surely is better.

However I bet after Corbyn loses catastrophically he'll still refuse to go.
    It was written in some paper two weeks ago that.

He will only going immediately if there is another hard left Labour leader in the wings , otherwise he will wait until the Labour party conference where a change in the Constitution means they can always get a hard left leader....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Indeed. The question is which party will take over as main opposition based on number of seats. I reckon it could be SNP.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    One problem David Miliband isn't an MP or even in the House of Lords.
    They could give him Corbyn's constituency.

I did wonder if with the snap election we'd get a snap leader swap. And the LibDems could have got Clegg back too who surely is better.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Very luckily he's not an MP either.
    So are you going to name one or shall we just carry on guessing?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Tony Blair?
    Very luckily he's not an MP either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X