• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Komrade Korbyn Speaking"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    Who's paying for all this stuff...

We can sell the 395 tonnes of gold the BoE had stored for a rainy day......oh hang on.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    I seemed to recall Andrew Neil challenging some of the Shadow Labour ministers on this and pointed out that labour would have to win the next 4 GE's to nationalise once the franchises come up for renewal
    Unless the direction of travel changed and it because the new cross party accepted wisdom.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Its a choice between the Blue Devil & the deep red Moron.
    Not in my area.

Through if I believe Lynton Crosby vote SNP, Yellow or Green and you will get Red. When in reality if you vote SNP, Yellow or Green cos you live in a constituency where they are the top or 2nd party you will get Blue.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Vote Lib Dems!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I'm not voting Tory.

Fecking s

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am not sure many here will be voting Tory. However they are sure to get in.

Then again I said Brexit would never happen and Hilary for president....
    I'm not voting Tory.

Fecking s

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    So, most of you are quite happy to reject one load of fantasy bollocks in favour of another load of fantasy bollocks from a party you know for a fact are going to ream you long and hard in a 'strong and stable' way.
    I am not sure many here will be voting Tory. However they are sure to get in.

Then again I said Brexit would never happen and Hilary for president....

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Wasn't the fee free for STEM a UKIP 2015 policy?
    no idea but I'd support it if it was

but then again I am a bit of a right wing loon apparently

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    agreed

make healthcare a desirable profession, incentivise more capable applicants through subsidies, reward them when they are in the profession with better wages / career opportunities

it takes time but you raise the bar and get a better service as a result
    Wasn't the fee free for STEM a UKIP 2015 policy?

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    +1 We need more maths, meds and science grads and the tax system (and thats what fees are) should support that, we also need more nurses but the Tories have abolished the fee exemptions for those degrees, my missus was planning to go down that route but doesnt fancy 50k+ of debt round her neck while earning a pittance for a stressful job that will be hard enough regardless... still nevermind we can just import a few thousand bods from the Phillippines...
    agreed

make healthcare a desirable profession, incentivise more capable applicants through subsidies, reward them when they are in the profession with better wages / career opportunities

it takes time but you raise the bar and get a better service as a result

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Why so much? Wouldn't they just nationalise after each franchise ends?
    Isn't that railways only? Utilities water, gas and electricity don't have franchises or do they?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    So, most of you are quite happy to reject one load of fantasy bollocks in favour of another load of fantasy bollocks from a party you know for a fact are going to ream you long and hard in a 'strong and stable' way.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    I'd probably support subsidising higher education for STEM & medical degrees, those can actually add value to the country

for media studies / law / history etc I wouldn't give them a penny
    +1 We need more maths, meds and science grads and the tax system (and thats what fees are) should support that, we also need more nurses but the Tories have abolished the fee exemptions for those degrees, my missus was planning to go down that route but doesnt fancy 50k+ of debt round her neck while earning a pittance for a stressful job that will be hard enough regardless... still nevermind we can just import a few thousand bods from the Phillippines...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    The Guacamole Brigade.
    Guacamole is getting very expensive, the brigade will be downsized to a platoon...

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Ok he's a bit left-field but I have to admit with 2 kids his plan to abolish tuition fees appeals and yes we should have nationalised rail and utilities as its not as if we have a choice about whether we use those or not, Jezza you've got my vote
    I'd probably support subsidising higher education for STEM & medical degrees, those can actually add value to the country

for media studies / law / history etc I wouldn't give them a penny

Leave a comment:

Working...
X