• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor's Best Friend(ish): SatNav"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Drive ? !!!!

Surely one's chauffeur takes care of such problems ?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan
    My AA map works perfectly.
    Yes, but the roads are silly.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    My AA map works perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    My NavMan is still broken...

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    I'm still careful, and always make sure female friends get home ok... it's getting to the time of year when most attacks take place... dark nights, near christmas, people drinking... so lots of chavs think they can pick on people on their way home, or drunks just lash out.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by mcquiggd
    Its really quite handy - and I don't even drive!
    Not afraid to get mugged in Scotland now? Maybe you started wearing kilt to look local?

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    I use TomTom 6 on my PDA with a bluetooth GPS... works a treat, and the Points of Interest is useful... I can locate a restaurant, dial it up with a click to make a reservation, then navigate my way there. Its really quite handy - and I don't even drive!

Leave a comment:

• Tonic
    replied
    Originally posted by DanTheMan
    Now I'm doing all sorts of long drives to all sorts of weird places I thought I should invest in a SatNav. Which one comes recommended from you lot? Ideally one that has traffic updates and can re-route me (not into a dyke or anything though).

TomTom definately.. Traffic is extra, but it's simply excellent in my experience. I've taken it all over England and Wales. It's only been wrong once, and sometimes finds the smallest roads and routes you through them..

By and large, it's top notch. It's interface is colourful, you can zoom in and out in 3D.. the only bad thing is it may take a while to get use to the GUI..

but i havent seen a Better one..

Leave a comment:

• Betty
    replied
    Originally posted by DanTheMan
    Hmmm considering the use of the word dyke and what the likely replies might be....

Try Tesco £99

Leave a comment:

• DanTheMan
    replied
    Hmmm considering the use of the word dyke and what the likely replies might be....

Leave a comment:

• DanTheMan
    started a topic Contractor's Best Friend(ish): SatNav

Contractor's Best Friend(ish): SatNav

Now I'm doing all sorts of long drives to all sorts of weird places I thought I should invest in a SatNav. Which one comes recommended from you lot? Ideally one that has traffic updates and can re-route me (not into a dyke or anything though).

Working...
X