• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The problem with dithering at the bar over whose round it is..."

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Although I feel sorry for you all, I've paid my last UK self-assessment bill now, so I get to have a good chuckle. My only 'skin in the game' now is voting in UK elections and availing myself of consular assistance, if I can be bothered to renew my passport when the time comes.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    With a space to add a tip?
    On top of 12.5% service charge? Blimey!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Could we have an itemised bill please.
    With a space to add a tip?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    The great thing about living in today's world is that you can cherry pick any from any number of sources information to support your side of the argument.

EU will 'for sure' reach post-Brexit free trade deal with Britain | Reuters

... but the only people currently in the know are the negotiators who are currently working away in Brussels and London.
    ...and Jacob Rees-Mogg's nanny.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    The great thing about living in today's world is that you can cherry pick any from any number of sources information to support your side of the argument.

EU will 'for sure' reach post-Brexit free trade deal with Britain | Reuters

... but the only people currently in the know are the negotiators who are currently working away in Brussels and London.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    ah supporting a bunch of fantasists making it up as they go along inventing extra charges because you must be made to pay. How very EU like.

#EUBunnyBoiler
    Who are you saying supports the EU?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    ah supporting a bunch of fantasists making it up as they go along inventing extra charges because you must be made to pay. How very EU like.

#EUBunnyBoiler

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Boo hoo.
    It's not fair.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    In the fullness of time.
    So it's currently like a builder round for a quote sucking in teeth and going "shhhh, it's gonna cost you...".

How extremely professional.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    That explains why we have barstewards like you.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    In the fullness of time.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    It is this kind of "bad deal" that will make "no deal" better.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The problem with dithering at the bar over whose round it is...

...is that people keep ordering drinks and the tab goes up.

Revealed: How EU is expanding scope of Britain's Brexit bill to include refugees in Turkey

Working...
X