• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Contract rates

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contract rates"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    Somewhere in the last 8 columns - enough to keep me fed and watered.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    £60 per hour on this contract if divided by 8 hours. I actually work much longer some days though.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Tonic
    Really, you should meet me GirlFiend and we can have a throwsome..

I sound like that policemen off Allo Allo sometimes

Leave a comment:

• Tonic
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I visit there quite frequently!
    Really, you should meet me GirlFiend and we can have a throwsome..

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    No i'm from TypoDonia.. where keyboards and developers are in constant disagreement.

I visit there quite frequently!

Leave a comment:

• Tonic
    replied
    Are you from up north Tonic?
    No i'm from TypoDonia.. where keyboards and developers are in constant disagreement.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    if you agree with me price

Are you from up north Tonic?

Leave a comment:

• Tonic
    replied
    Originally posted by monkeyboy
    I'm in the top bit at the moment. Lucky me. I have been at the lower rate and permy but not for long.

The best I've had is hourly rate and 55 per hour during the boom I once billed 90 hours in one week. Didn't last, they changed to dailly rate and based on 8 hour day. Funny how I never worked a 90 hour week again.........

Alot of the rate stuff depends on negociating skills. I know people who are technically no better than me but they are really good at talking up there rate and basically have the balls to call the agents bluff. ie good business men . I have no problem with these people as they can do something I can't and that is what fundimentally sets the rates.

I know one guy who is on 850 a day general contractor. Is he worth that, of cause not but he made the client believe he was......
    Yup thats business. You want it, I got it.. if you agree with me price, everyone's happy.

Leave a comment:

• monkeyboy
    replied
    I'm in the top bit at the moment. Lucky me. I have been at the lower rate and permy but not for long.

The best I've had is hourly rate and 55 per hour during the boom I once billed 90 hours in one week. Didn't last, they changed to dailly rate and based on 8 hour day. Funny how I never worked a 90 hour week again.........

Alot of the rate stuff depends on negociating skills. I know people who are technically no better than me but they are really good at talking up there rate and basically have the balls to call the agents bluff. ie good business men . I have no problem with these people as they can do something I can't and that is what fundimentally sets the rates.

I know one guy who is on 850 a day general contractor. Is he worth that, of cause not but he made the client believe he was......

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    can't complain

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I've had a bitch fight bust out just before one... does that count?

..time to slope away...

ha ha - yeah I guess. You were just the vicim of circumstance

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    ah we wish

Leave a comment:

• Tonic
    replied
    Oh you've all done it.
    I've had a bitch fight bust out just before one... does that count?

..time to slope away...

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Threesome

You have had an active social life

Oh you've all done it.

Leave a comment:

• Tonic
    replied