• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tory Brexit DOOM™: Manifesto 2"

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    You need to work on your patter.
    Shut it, you slaaaag.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Oh, you've kipped with a few.
    You need to work on your patter.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    laid down but never slept!
    Unless NLUK is home for the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    laid down but never slept!

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    UKIP if you want to. The lady's not for kipping.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I like it. AtW for PM. Only if you U-turn on Brexit, mind.
    UKIP if you want to. The lady's not for kipping.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Barsteward said that not being able to increase taxes prevents Govt from flexibility to bend over taxpayers, which is precisely the reason to get such pledges in the first place

No party should be allowed to field candidates unless there is a published tax checklist of what they will increase/decrease and by how much, they can cut lower, but any attempt to increase taxation should be met with long jail sentences.
    I like it. AtW for PM. Only if you U-turn on Brexit, mind.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Barsteward said that not being able to increase taxes prevents Govt from flexibility to bend over taxpayers, which is precisely the reason to get such pledges in the first place

No party should be allowed to field candidates unless there is a published tax checklist of what they will increase/decrease and by how much, they can cut lower, but any attempt to increase taxation should be met with long jail sentences.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Ahhh, The Thick of It.

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    Originally posted by Swamp Thing View Post
    Gahh! I wish I could kick his teeth through his smug head (Hammond that is). Why didn't he just leave the marginal band where it was last year? He's tinkering around (no doubt helped by advisors fresh out of uni with an axe to grind against "The Rich" because they have no desire or capability to take risk) and running out of ideas.
    Let me quote the late George Carlin:

"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there just to scare the tulip out of the middle class. Keep 'em showin' up at those jobs."

Leave a comment:

• Swamp Thing
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    First it's £350,000,000 a week to the EU.
    Well, I glossed over that one. Coming originally from the mouths of Boris and Gove, that assertion is unsafe.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Meanwhile the UK gives away billions in foreign aid. .
    First it's £350,000,000 a week to the EU.

Second it's billions in foreign aid. (Getting the e and i the correct way round in foreign only took me five minute. Dam German)

One day that chicken will come home to roost.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Manifesto promise to increase it to £50k, now that goes out of the window, it's only fair.
    You're a good few election cycles away from that level of earnings, matey, so don't worry too much.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Gahh! I wish I could kick his teeth through his smug head (Hammond that is). Why didn't he just leave the marginal band where it was last year?
    Manifesto promise to increase it to £50k, now that goes out of the window, it's only fair.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I see from my latest council tax breakdown that 32% goes to welfare. Eh?
    That doesn't sound right. Are you sure you don't mean social care?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X