• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Things to do in London...."

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    https://www.list.co.uk/events/locati...5171,-0.1062)/.

Although give Jimmy Carr a miss. Went to see him a few months ago. His material is becoming too reliant on insult. Used to be well funny.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    BP's wives?

I said non alcohol related, either me or her

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    BP's wives?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Sit in a bar/restaurant with your coat on the back of your chair and your wallet in the pocket. Someone will take the wallet out of your coat, remove the credit cards, replace the wallet, then spend hundreds of pounds on the cards (including withdrawing cash at a branch of Barclays) before you notice the cards are missing. Happened to me. One reason why I hate London.
    More fool you.

Theft happens in every town and city in the UK.

I still remember the story of a guy who stole a suitcase of a train going up North. It had a bomb in it....

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    So were you easily parted from your money?
    Very good. I see what you did there.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Sit in a bar/restaurant with your coat on the back of your chair and your wallet in the pocket. Someone will take the wallet out of your coat, remove the credit cards, replace the wallet, then spend hundreds of pounds on the cards (including withdrawing cash at a branch of Barclays) before you notice the cards are missing. Happened to me. One reason why I hate London.
    So were you easily parted from your money?

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Going to give this ago one night

https://www.atelierdeschefs.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
    Agreed. Although the prices at the food market are extortionate.
    Good quality and value Vietnamese food in Greenwich IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Awesome find!

And you can adopt them!?! I don't think they will send you postcards and a fluffy toy each year

As for London recommendations that haven't been covered yet then I recommend The John Soane museum in Lincoln's Inn Fields (Near Holborn Tube) Home | Sir John Soane's Museum. House hasn't been touched in 180 years and is free entry now too. Might only be good for a lunchtime escape as it closes at 5pm
    Last edited by redgiant; 20 April 2017, 13:29.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    There's the Grant museum of Zoology with its jar of pickled moles

http://www.theculturemap.com/wp-cont...of-Zoology.jpg
    Awesome find!

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Definitely seconded. Clipper has the best views of London, and Greenwich is great for an evening out. Very good at weekends, as well.
    Agreed. Although the prices at the food market are extortionate.

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    Comedy Store.
    St. Katherine's Dock.
    Take a C2C to Southend-on-Sea (The Sands is a decent place to eat).
    Tate Modern (open till 10:00pm on Fridays and Saturdays).
    Druid Street food market on Saturdays.
    Canary Wharf.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Anyone got any recommendations for non drink based entertainment for the evenings, I am in "The City" but don't mind travelling round if it means I can kill a few hours walking round

Sorry, I'm completely unqualified to help

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Thames commuter clipper down to Greenwich, walk up the hill to the observatory for views over London (and Pokémon chasing) then a short walk to the comedy club for some laughs
    Definitely seconded. Clipper has the best views of London, and Greenwich is great for an evening out. Very good at weekends, as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X