• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hi all...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hi all..."

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    This thread is so boring. What is so interesting about an insane peice of meat that comes out of a females stomach?
    I was hoping you could tell us from first-hand experience ?

Leave a comment:

• thief
    replied
    This thread is so boring. What is so interesting about an insane peice of meat that comes out of a females stomach?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Sweet love of the mythical entity called God,

I pop in from time to time and see this board plumbing new depths of utter hopelessness.

It seems to have turned in to some sort of whacked-out love-fest featuring the multiple personalities of the only two residents of this board.

Stop molly-coddling and pandering the youngster. Wrap him in cotton wool and he won't try and break out.

Sit him down. Put a pistol on the table and say...

"Look, stop pi55ing around. Either top yourself now, or make an effort to sort yourself out". Judge his reaction.

If he pulls the trigger (on the unloaded pistol), then he really is scr3w3d and needs help. If he doesn't, then he is at least willing to confront his problems, and recovery is much more short-term)

So to recap : Trigger = Long Term Basketcase. No Trigger = Saveable

ps...If he does go for the shooter, you may like to shout "BANG!" just to heighten the tension.

pps...only joking
    Last edited by Board Game Geek; 18 November 2006, 02:12.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    SasGuru is not a twat.

Now don't go jumping to any hasty conclusions

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Your boss is SasGuru and I claim my £5

Ardy SasGuru is not my boss, AND SasGuru is not a twat.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Good grief! You're not that useless bint I hired a while ago are you? So you've spent all your time posting on here? I'll definitely have something to say when we meet. On the other hand you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours eh? Fnaaaahhhhh

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Yes, I am, and it is compounded by the fact that knobhead boss wants me to go and see him - in another building no less. Can't imagine what he could possibly want on a Friday afternoon - to sack me perhaps ! He's managed to ignore me most of the week...twat

Perhaps he's in a friday mood and he's chancing his luck at asking you out for a pint tonight?

I'm sure he'll just want to see how your week's been - try not to be too honest!

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tonic
    replied
    Yes, I am, and it is compounded by the fact that knobhead boss wants me to go and see him - in another building no less. Can't imagine what he could possibly want on a Friday afternoon - to sack me perhaps ! He's managed to ignore me most of the week...twat
    Good to see your initial impressions of your boss is in good health.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    It may seem as though it's not working for her right now, but it most surely is. When your friend looks back afterwards is only when she will really see what help it was to have a good friend such as yourself. It would be much, much worse if she was just left to collapse into a funk of despair.

We've been best mates since we were kids - I more like a pain in the arse sister than a good friend. But I know what you're saying.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Yeah I guess.

How are you today anyway mate? Are you still feeling poorly?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Yeah I know - I'm doing my best. It doesn't seem to be working though. I've got another mate who has "hibernated" for the last year or so - all of us have taken that approach, and it does make her a little better.
    But Tracy (my best mate, who I'm talking about here) - that just doesn't seem to be working for her. Its depression caused by real problems you see - its not in her mind, she's facing it every day. And visiting her just isn't helping at all. Nothing is going to help her except her son getting better.
    I feel a bit useless.
    It may seem as though it's not working for her right now, but it most surely is. When your friend looks back afterwards is only when she will really see what help it was to have a good friend such as yourself. It would be much, much worse if she was just left to collapse into a funk of despair.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    You are not useless, like others have said, just keeping in contact with her will help, even though it might not seem that way at the time.

Yeah I guess.

How are you today anyway mate? Are you still feeling poorly?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Yeah I know - I'm doing my best. It doesn't seem to be working though. I've got another mate who has "hibernated" for the last year or so - all of us have taken that approach, and it does make her a little better.
    But Tracy (my best mate, who I'm talking about here) - that just doesn't seem to be working for her. Its depression caused by real problems you see - its not in her mind, she's facing it every day. And visiting her just isn't helping at all. Nothing is going to help her except her son getting better.
    I feel a bit useless.
    Nah, don't feel useless - you think it's not helping, and she may even say so - but after the dust has settled and her son is on the mend, even if it takes years - she'll know that you were there, and she's supported. Make it known that you're there for her - take her out of her situation if you can, to the movies, on a day trip... it's escapism but she may need the break.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X