• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit DOOM™: 40% of games industry companies considering relocating"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I wouldn't call White Lightening cider.
    C'est Cidre, Not Cider

HTH

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Many of our leading Brexiteer colleagues prefer to stop in a gutter for a swig of cider on their way to and back from the Dole Office.
    I wouldn't call White Lightening cider.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The idea is that you can stop in a cafe for a glass of wine on your way to and back from those important tasks
    Many of our leading Brexiteer colleagues prefer to stop in a gutter for a swig of cider on their way to and back from the Dole Office.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    My brother, who lives in France, would disagree. He characterises it as some sort of totalitarian state controlled by bureaucrats, where people's lives are controlled through all the bits of paper they have to provide and procure. There is constant to-ing and fro-ing to the post office and back, to the mayor's office and back, to get this or that signed, stamped, delivered, collected.
    The idea is that you can stop in a cafe for a glass of wine on your way to and back from those important tasks

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
    move to France. The taxes are higher, but so is the quality of life
    My brother, who lives in France, would disagree. He characterises it as some sort of totalitarian state controlled by bureaucrats, where people's lives are controlled through all the bits of paper they have to provide and procure. There is constant to-ing and fro-ing to the post office and back, to the mayor's office and back, to get this or that signed, stamped, delivered, collected.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Your ambition is admirable. Start with picking cauliflowers in Lincolnshire though.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Odd (even more so given the nature of this forum) that 'IT' people from Asia on cheap rates are a threat, but those same cheap rates for EU people are not?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If you have no choice you will learn.
    There is always a choice...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I'd be up for it!

Although I've heard the money in games programming is rubbish, and I'd rather get into robotics.
    Your ambition is admirable. Start with O level maths though.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I have many talents, but learning foreign languages isn't one of them...
    If you have no choice you will learn.

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I'd be up for it!

Although I've heard the money in games programming is rubbish, and I'd rather get into robotics.
    IoT pays better, but you have to deal with clients who do not know how to run a software/hardware project. I had one who insisted I write code against hardware that did not exists nor was documented... Next time I'll charge double.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Maybe they could hire vetran (sic), LondonManc, Original PM, GB9, Owlhoot et. al ?

Oh wait ....
    I'd be up for it!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Didn't take you long to learn how to talk bollox. Did you have sas round giving you private tuition?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
    Then learn it.

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    You need to know French in order to live properly in France.
    Then learn it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X