• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Happy Brexit Day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Happy Brexit Day"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post

I think there maybe is a key theme here about being able to accept personal responsibility for your actions as opposed to expecting it to be some one else's problem.
    Exactly. There are leaders and there are followers.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    **** me, it took 9 months just to write a bloody letter...

As opposed to what letting some one sat in Brussels be responsible for the direction our life takes?

That may be something you are interested in because you are either unwilling or unable to take responsibility for your actions - but many of us are quite happy to be called to account for what we do.

I think there maybe is a key theme here about being able to accept personal responsibility for your actions as opposed to expecting it to be some one else's problem.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    "For all those celebrating Brexiters who think it is Xmas, sorry no presents under the tree, actually no tree, just bills, bills and bills and we know you are all on benefits and pensions and its going to be tough. But always look on the bright side of life - whistle a happy tune even if negotiations are going to last decades, cost billions and you are going to keep meeting those guys with Zs in their name selling their salted Cheese and Polish sausage for many years yet"
    We get our tree from Norway...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

well that confirms it. The other 48% are obviously feckin useless!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Yeah, like we give a ****!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    "For all those celebrating Brexiters who think it is Xmas, sorry no presents under the tree, actually no tree, just bills, bills and bills and we know you are all on benefits and pensions and its going to be tough. But always look on the bright side of life - whistle a happy tune even if negotiations are going to last decades, cost billions and you are going to keep meeting those guys with Zs in their name selling their salted Cheese and Polish sausage for many years yet"

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Since most of them are old and/or poor, incontinent, suffering from dementia like the CUK Brexiters they don't give a f***.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Since most of them are old and/or poor they don't give a f***.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Best we hurry up. We have up to 2 years, the sensible thing would be an ultra hard brexit within 24 hours.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Just give me Marin Le Pen winning in France and Merkel to lose in Germany for even more belly laughs.

Le Pen will never get in. The French are not as stupid as the Brexiters.

French gal in me class, politics came up. LP was mentioned. Nearly chucked up a bucket at the thought.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Loving 2017!

Trump
    Brexit

Just give me Marin Le Pen winning in France and Merkel to lose in Germany for even more belly laughs.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Good start.

I note that the Brexit process is going to be kicked off by an unelected bureaucrat.

We know the PM is unelected...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Er, I think the UK is still part of the EU. Article 50 is intent to leave:
    Best we hurry up. We have up to 2 years, the sensible thing would be an ultra hard brexit within 24 hours.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    We aren't in the EU, so no.

Er, I think the UK is still part of the EU. Article 50 is intent to leave:

The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X