• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lasses of sunderland"

Collapse

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    It's a wonder he hasn't been stonned yet

He moved to Newcastle at quite a young age strangely enough

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Thats in the Black Country - I'm so knowledged
    I suspect that was more a deduction, but you get 6/10 anyway

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
    **** Stevenage - I lived in Great Bridge for 20 years. Eugh.

Thats in the Black Country - I'm so knowledged

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    One of my maes is from Stevenage. He's gay. I doubt theres any connection though.
    It's a wonder he hasn't been stonned yet

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    You should try Stevenage...
    **** Stevenage - I lived in Great Bridge for 20 years. Eugh.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    One of my maes is from Stevenage. He's gay. I doubt theres any connection though.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Unfortunately I have, it's close to the motorway though.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    You mean "firework-up-the-ass" strange?

Exactly!!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    They can be strange folk!
    You mean "firework-up-the-ass" strange?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by kramer
    they ring a belll ... been a long time though... where is the borough?
    I used to drink around chester road and down seaburn... blue bell...windmill

I would be happy to hold your fellas hand and talk about the homeland at the do... is he from north or south sunderland??

Bagpuss ... i live the majority of my time in north west now... and you are right about the difference. Harlow no... its much bleeker up north but the people are a whole lot more warmer.

The Borough is the little dive bar right opposite what used to be the pictures in town - right on the main street which leads up to Park Lane. Its a tiny little grot hole (and a bit metally) but you can sit at the window all day long watching people walk bacwards and forwards to the bridges (occasionally falling over, which is always a laugh)
    I never know which is north or south - he's from the end nearest the city centre and always says those people "over the river" are a bit strange

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    You can't get any bleaker than Harlow trust me!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Bagpuss ... i live the majority of my time in north west now... and you are right about the difference. Harlow no... its much bleeker up north but the people are a whole lot more warmer.
    You can't get any bleaker than Harlow trust me!

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    they ring a belll ... been a long time though... where is the borough?
    I used to drink around chester road and down seaburn... blue bell...windmill

I would be happy to hold your fellas hand and talk about the homeland at the do... is he from north or south sunderland??

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    lived in fulwelll until uni
    drunk alll over sunderland... not recently though..
    back when there was a blue monkey..

Really?!!! Ah that cool - I think I've heard my lad on about the blue monkey. Are you coming to the Xmas do? He's coming and I'm worried he wont get on with people (you know what a pain in the arse grumpy mackems are, being one yourself!)

My favourite boozeers are The Borough and The Dun Cow - they've been here since year dot, so you've probably drank in them!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I went to Sunderland once. A scary place, I'm from the North West, but the North East is a different country. Very dark, concrete, damp, wet and with scary inhabitants (actually a bit like Harlow). In the first day someone tried to steal my car.

The women are very scary, they have that scrunched back hairstyle that gives them a facelift. Tracksuits are still fashinable and it's a crime not to be a gran at 35, punnishable by a day in work.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 November 2006, 11:34.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X