• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Banning laptops from flights handluggage!"

Collapse

• teapot418
    replied
    But this is a MacBook, says air passenger

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    IS armies marching down the street... OK sure what was that about grasp on reality?

Also you might want to look up "apologetics" in a dictionary. And explain who you think I'm standing up for.

Anyway you;re probably right. Saying mean things about brown people on the internet will surely prevent those IS armies. You're making a real difference, fight the good fight.
    You have an issue with sarcasm? OK, you seem to have an issue with almost everything else so why not.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    IS armies marching down the street... OK sure what was that about grasp on reality?

Also you might want to look up "apologetics" in a dictionary. And explain who you think I'm standing up for.

Anyway you;re probably right. Saying mean things about brown people on the internet will surely prevent those IS armies. You're making a real difference, fight the good fight.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So the chap in London today presumably stabbed someone with a sharpened iPad; if only they brought this rule in earlier.
    With every apologetic post you confirm a lack of grasp of reality that would embarrass Trump / Mugabe / that dingleberry in North Korea. What exactly are you trying to prove? When the IS armies come marching down your street you can say "I stood up for you, really I did"?
    You think that's going to help you? FFS, you have a strange interpretation of reality.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    So the chap in London today presumably stabbed someone with a sharpened iPad; if only they brought this rule in earlier.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Just like this chap and his 94 iPhones....

North Korea's IronMan prototype was met with mixed levels of enthusiasm.....

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    So if they ban laptops, just carry the phones instead, strapped round your waist for convenience.
    Just like this chap and his 94 iPhones....

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    Bombs can only fit inside tablets or laptops duh
    That Richard Reid and his Puma Pentiums eh?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    But it is looking more and more like a bomb!
    DOH!

I never thought of that!

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Bombs can only fit inside tablets or laptops duh

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Not a problem - Just wrap each in its own little plastic bag and tape them round your waist with duct tape.

All it takes is a bit of lateral thinking. It's not rocket science.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    The have to be able to fit in a plastic bag
    Not a problem - Just wrap each in its own little plastic bag and tape them round your waist with duct tape.

All it takes is a bit of lateral thinking. It's not rocket science.

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    Well power & storage wise, one laptop is probably equivalent to, say, four or five mobile phones.

So if they ban laptops, just carry the phones instead, strapped round your waist for convenience.

I don't see the problem.
    The have to be able to fit in a plastic bag

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Well power & storage wise, one laptop is probably equivalent to, say, four or five mobile phones.

I don't see the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Why would you?

I mean it takes them years to stop airport drug smuggling rings so they aren't going to waste resources on one stolen laptop.
    Pretty much this. Drugs are the responsibility of Customs first and foremost. The Police are primarily interested in terrorism. Unless a theft is actually reported, they won't do anything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X