• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Unemployment at seven-year high"

Collapse

• thief
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman
    I think the really worrying bit is...

I wonder how many of these 56,000 new jobs were filled by British nationals.
    Who gives a tulip? Half of the british nationals r descended from germans, not to mention the royal family.

When will cokney crooks stop going on about foreigners every time they fall into ir35?

If it wasnt for the albanian cleaning your grandmothers toilet no one would do it and she would die of salmonela. Making sense?

Its cool to be right wing but why not take it out on those that give nothing back to the economy like disabled peeps and so. Now why does that sound worse than blaming foreiners?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    Oh, Sysman, it's you.
    Did you work for the Dept. Health in 1996 ?
    Yes, it's me. Nope to the DoH.

The burning question now is what moniker you used to use here.

Sysman in scratching head mode...

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Oh, Sysman, it's you.

Did you work for the Dept. Health in 1996 ?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Don't make me laugh! London subsidises the rest of the country to the tune of £20 billion pounds a year. Lazy Northern layabouts.

http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/case_...df/cfl_pt3.pdf

edited as understimated how much you lazy layabouts really owe.
    If you look at the graphs in that report, it is clear that it was written using figures from 1999.
    Last edited by Sysman; 16 November 2006, 19:04.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    As I recall, the FIAT FIAT was also pretty crappy...
    Morris Ital?
    Austin Allegro?

Need I go on?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I'll sell you another if you are willing to pay more good money

Leave a comment:

• Dobra
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco

Despite the fact you call yourself and engineer when you are blatantly not one you are definetly a perfect fit for this board.

Kudos
    I paid good money for my certificat

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Dobra
    I take exception to comments like these.

1.only polish truck drivers wear shell suits in england. this is because when they crash they are well protected (they think shell is hard)
    2. our women are not interested in cutting mens hair which is why polish men shave their heads
    3. our buildings are bigger and more proud than yours

Despite the fact you call yourself and engineer when you are blatantly not one you are definetly a perfect fit for this board.

Kudos

Leave a comment:

• Dobra
    replied
    Originally posted by Forumbore
    I suppose inevitably they will take over our hairdressing salons as well. However the men wear the most awful shell suits and the women like applying great dollops of paroxide colouring which makes them look chavvy in a Polish sort of way.

I am sure their architects have the ability to design something other than a grey block but they certainly do not have the experience.
    I take exception to comments like these.

1.only polish truck drivers wear shell suits in england. this is because when they crash they are well protected (they think shell is hard)
    2. our women are not interested in cutting mens hair which is why polish men shave their heads
    3. our buildings are bigger and more proud than yours

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Hart-floot
    Looks like the rest of the country is subsidising London again?

Don't make me laugh! London subsidises the rest of the country to the tune of £20 billion pounds a year. Lazy Northern layabouts.

http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/case_...df/cfl_pt3.pdf

edited as understimated how much you lazy layabouts really owe.
    Last edited by sasguru; 16 November 2006, 13:38.

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    I know a few Polish girls who arrived here 2 to 3 years ago. They seem to have all the fashion mags and without exception all published in Polish and in Poland.

Ever since the collapse of the Iron curtain, and probably before as well, the youngsters all aspired to western fashion - from shoes to hair to bloody nail varnish.

I don't believe for a second my cousin is right.

As for the architects. I suspect you're grossly under-estimating their abilities. Where they designed gray blocks is more likely a result of budgetary and/or political constraints.

I suppose inevitably they will take over our hairdressing salons as well. However the men wear the most awful shell suits and the women like applying great dollops of paroxide colouring which makes them look chavvy in a Polish sort of way.

I am sure their architects have the ability to design something other than a grey block but they certainly do not have the experience.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    As I recall, the FIAT FIAT was also pretty crappy...
    On a scale of crapiness though

http://www.markiz.terramail.pl/pf125.jpg

125p was the cost I think

another 'classic'

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/f...so-polonez.jpg
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 November 2006, 11:52.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    The Polski Fiat was sh1t though

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    I know a few Polish girls who arrived here 2 to 3 years ago. They seem to have all the fashion mags and without exception all published in Polish and in Poland.

Ever since the collapse of the Iron curtain, and probably before as well, the youngsters all aspired to western fashion - from shoes to hair to bloody nail varnish.

I don't believe for a second my cousin is right.

As for the architects. I suspect you're grossly under-estimating their abilities. Where they designed gray blocks is more likely a result of budgetary and/or political constraints.

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    The problem here is still, too many people don't see what's coming.

The attitude, "It's only other people who get made redundant as a result of wholesale immigration ... it couldn't possibly happen to me, my skills are much better than most immigrants."

And once they're made redundant, staring at a forced sale of their home or reposession, what are they going to be more frightened of, threat of terror, or their own short to mid-term economic health ?

My own cousin (a former hairdresser), is under the illusion that east europeans, incl Polish, could not hope to compete with their British counterparts. The reason, according to her is ... wait for it ... "because they don't know or could do the styles that so many of us want in this country & the west".

If perceptions like that are commonplace, the term 'lamb' and 'slaughter' comes readily to mind.
    I am afraid that you have probably picked the one skill where your cousin is right. Have you looked at the awful the dresswear and hairdos of Polish women are? I would imagine the same applies to their architects; designing anything other than a square concrete block is probably beyond them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X