• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "German budget surplus highest since 1990"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    in 2010 the Euro was worth $1.5 now it's pretty much at parity.

So all this extra money Germany is earning is worth feck all compared to a proper currency like USD.

This is the analysis technique the remoaners like to apply to the UK when we have good economic figures.
    Feck me. Thick as mince. No wonder you struggle in your "career."

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    in 2010 the Euro was worth $1.5 now it's pretty much at parity.

So all this extra money Germany is earning is worth feck all compared to a proper currency like USD.

This is the analysis technique the remoaners like to apply to the UK when we have good economic figures.
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 25 February 2017, 10:33.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Haha. You seem to lurch from one thread to another professing to be confused. The one-dimensional life of a simpleton eh sas?
    Haven't you got any windows you can be licking?

He's making good progress...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Dunno what the point of this thread is.
    Haha. You seem to lurch from one thread to another professing to be confused. The one-dimensional life of a simpleton eh sas?
    Haven't you got any windows you can be licking?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Dunno what the point of this thread is.
    We're leaving the EU for sure in case everyone has forgotten.
    So clearly we're now going to become the biggest and best economy in Europe with massive surpluses and no debt and everything will be paradisiacal

Fooking morons.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Netherlands also reported a surplus

When was the last time the UK had one?

Better to tell the EU to do one
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Would YOU accept a 0 hour contract?
    I would only accept a contract with no MoO. Which isn't the same thing as zero hour, granted, but a halfwit snowflake won't know the difference.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Why? Do you think they are the wrong sort of jobs? Or the wrong employment mechanism?

Do you think the 23% of unemployed Greeks, 20% of unemployed Spaniards, 10% of unemployed French and Italians would think it's funny? All those people trapped and struggling.

I noticed that you didn't address my main point. That running a persistent trade surplus is not "good" and effectively exports unemployment to other nations.
    Growth is not good. You heard it here first. Down with growth!

That's how capitalism works, someone ends up with all the chips until the others raise their game and take the chips back. You certainly don't take the chips back by moaning at the competition. Business just doesn't work like that. Look at Telsa, it is raising its game and is getting the German car giants in a twist. What's the UK doing? Feck all.

I can still see arguments 10 years from now in the UK claiming great unemployment statistics whilst real incomes continue to drop and everyone is working for £1p/h. But we have work! Or so they'll argue.

Them Tories will continue to exploit the masses and the masses will continue voting for them. Perhaps it is some form of Stockholm syndrome.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    I believe that platform Capitalism is the way forward (survival of the fittest), so long as HMG prevent unscrupulous off shore companies under cutting the local providers and the Unions get off the 'Workers rights' bandwagon.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied

Better to stay in the EU
    Yeah great idea when the trade deficit is at an all time high with the EU

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Back in 2001/2, a couple of years before the EU allowed entry to a whole horde of impoverished applicant countries. Go figure.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied

Better to stay in the EU

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

I noticed that you didn't address my main point. That running a persistent trade surplus is not "good" and effectively exports unemployment to other nations.
    Well he won't address that for 2 main reasons. The first is that he doesn't understand it, and the second is that, even if he did, he wouldn't know the answer.
    For someone that complains so much about the UK, he doesn't seem to be in any rush to leave. A hypocrite in the truest sense.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I actually laughed reading that.

Zero hour contract employers who filter their taxes to a land far away stripping our vital public services of cash.
    Why? Do you think they are the wrong sort of jobs? Or the wrong employment mechanism?

Do you think the 23% of unemployed Greeks, 20% of unemployed Spaniards, 10% of unemployed French and Italians would think it's funny? All those people trapped and struggling.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    So far I'm Ok with them as long as everyone is benefiting from their success too. Them being strong economically is actually enriching Poland now as their closest, and poorer, neighbour
    Yeah it must be great to actually be a recipient rather than a contributor

Leave a comment:

Working...
X