• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Plan for Life

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Plan for Life"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    Cap'n Jack (John Barrowman) in Jack and the Beanstalk
    A very big beanstalk from all the media gossip.

We have Cinderella staring Patrick Duffy as the prince I assume. I might go just to stand up in the audience and do my wild "Man from Atlantis" thrustings at him. To encourage him, obviously.

Does the slipper fit? No, forget that Pat, have a look at this!!! (thrust, thrust, thrust...)

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Cap'n Jack (John Barrowman) in Jack and the Beanstalk

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Here's a good Christmas question for you all: What's your local panto and who is the "big name star"?

Mine is Peter Pan starring Henry "the Fonz" Winkler.

Beat that if you can (rather easily I suspect).

He is a little old for 'peter pan' is he not ?

Mine is 'The Nutcracker' starring Robert Kazinsky
    (not that I am obsessed or anything)

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Show me when I have been intolerant, had hatred or have been arrogant and I will repent.
    You never respond to my pleas for guidance with my new found faith in God. You tempt us to follow you into a new land and then you abandon us.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Here's a good Christmas question for you all: What's your local panto and who is the "big name star"?

Mine is Peter Pan starring Henry "the Fonz" Winkler.

Beat that if you can (rather easily I suspect).

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    It's cheating to mis-quote Xeno, and I won't be sending you a Christmas Card.
    I'll get over it.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    oh no I won't
    Oh yes you will... etc.

Panto season is upon us once again!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    oh no I won't

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Oh yes you will you minx!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Reach out and touch My Box

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    Reach out and touch faith.
    Reach out and touch Mr Box

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    Who's faith and does she mind?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    I became a Mason to fill gaps in my social education. To make a good man better.

The decision to become a Mason was helped by having meaningful discussions with friends after copious amounts of alchohol.

Work life? It opens doors I tell you!(but seriously, no impact other than work know that two Fridays a month I shall be leaving at lunch time).

Family life? Well I can't say it's helped or hindered. Any relationship problems were there way before I became a Mason.

Social life? It has certainly expanded the group of people that I would genuinely call friends. When I'm ready to join a lodge here in Cambridge then I'm confident that this will expand further.

Now Chico, how about a little reciprocation? What made you flee sanity and seek refuge within religion?
    Well I have not sought refuge in religion. I have sought and found refuge in a person - Jesus Christ. God incarnate. Man cannot become like God, as Satan would have you believe, but God became Man. In my case there was no dramatic hospital bed conversion, no drug induced psychotic release, no prison cell realisation - what it was simple actually - I encountered the living God and I realised he wanted to be part of my life because he loved me, he created me and has a purpose for me. Thats it. I look back at my wasted years not trusting in the Lord and I regret it. You have not lived until you have met The Life, The Way, The Truth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X