• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: FAO NorthernLadUk

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "FAO NorthernLadUk"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I must admit, I was hoping for a lot of drokks and fraks.

The setting of the Urban one was great (hope there's a sequel that explores more of Megacity One) but I think part of that is that the Stallone one was trying to focus more on Dredd's background and giving us an intro to Megacity One. Would have been nice to have had a more focused sequel to put that into perspective; as a standalone, that gives the edge to Urban's version imho.
    oh Drokk & Frak it!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I must admit, I was hoping for a lot of drokks and fraks.

The setting of the Urban one was great (hope there's a sequel that explores more of Megacity One) but I think part of that is that the Stallone one was trying to focus more on Dredd's background and giving us an intro to Megacity One. Would have been nice to have had a more focused sequel to put that into perspective; as a standalone, that gives the edge to Urban's version imho.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
    Look and feel: Stallone. Dredd himself: Urban. I also didn't like the swearing in the Urban one - not because I'm offended, but it's not the right language. Dredd has got to have some silly mixed in.
    good point, I imagine swearing would be a crime as well. You thinking "Demolition Man" style 1 credit fine ?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    +1 The visuals were much grimier than the Stallone one which was too shiny, Megacity 1 is not (in the main) a happy shiny clean place.

Also Urban is a much better actor & Stallone took off his helmet!!
    Stallone wanted to be liked, Urban wanted to win I have always seen Dredd as modern "Man with no name" from the fistful series i.e. principled & deadly.

Leave a comment:

• amanwhoisquiet
    replied
    Of the two Dredd movies (Stallone and Urban), which did you prefer?
    Look and feel: Stallone. Dredd himself: Urban. I also didn't like the swearing in the Urban one - not because I'm offended, but it's not the right language. Dredd has got to have some silly mixed in.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Urban - closer to the feel I imagined.
    +1 The visuals were much grimier than the Stallone one which was too shiny, Megacity 1 is not (in the main) a happy shiny clean place.

Also Urban is a much better actor & Stallone took off his helmet!!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Urban - closer to the feel I imagined.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    But let's not mention Halo James though
    indeed, lets not

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Oh yes I have the album & still play it every so often
    But let's not mention Halo James though

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    You're not the only fan. Remember Transvision Vamp?
    Oh yes I have the album & still play it every so often

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    so are you still getting 2000AD?

My subs stopped about 2yr ago, but I still go back & re-read some of the hard back collections - strangely enough I have read the Ballard of Halo Jones a few times
    You're not the only fan. Remember Transvision Vamp?

Leave a comment:

• amanwhoisquiet
    replied

My subs stopped about 2yr ago, but I still go back & re-read some of the hard back collections - strangely enough I have read the Ballard of Halo Jones a few times
    I get it. I'm at least a year behind so I have a huge stack still in post sleeves waiting until I have about a week free to get through them (bench time starting next mo I guess). Tharg gives you grief if you try and cancel.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    That's him alright - the pinkie finger gives it away. He holds his cucumber martini like that too.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X