• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "WIN! - UK labour shortages reported as EU worker numbers fall"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    This sounds familiar :

So its Flossy not Scottie after all.

Classic Blackadder

Ah, it's a typo in his username then

It should be ScootlerScot (needs to be read in a Glasgae accent).

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    You can spend a whole day in Llandudno?

Thought it would be tough for you; did you dress up as a sheep?
    This sounds familiar :

L: Lord Melchett, we meet again.

M: No, I don't think we've had the pleasure...

L: You do not recognise me, then?

M: No...

L: Let me refresh your memory. You remember when you were in Cornwall; at the
    monastery, there was an old shepherd with whom you used to talk.

M: Good Lord! Dimkins?

L: Yes! I was one of his sheep.

M: One of his sheep? Not...?

L: Yes!

M: Flossy?

L: Yes!

M: But didn't we...? (waves his hands in an exchanging fashion)

L: Yes, Lord Melchett! BBBAAAAA!

M: Oh my God!

So its Flossy not Scottie after all.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Funny you should say that, but the Old Man was there for a Little Bo Peep gig.

You can't kid me, that's not Welsh. There's nowhere near enough l, y, f and c's in there.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied

Funny you should say that, but the Old Man was there for a Little Bo Peep gig.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    LondonManc has been suspicious of Abroad ever since he was short-changed while on a day trip to Llandudno.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Wow you really have a rub with exotic expats living the dream don't you?
    LondonManc has been suspicious of Abroad ever since he was short-changed while on a day trip to Llandudno.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    The dream? You do nothing but complain all week. I'll stick with staying awake if that's the dream.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    What's this "we", mein herr?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I'd argue not printing money would be better in the longer term. Got to wonder what position we'd be in today if no QE every occurred.
    What's this "we", mein herr?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    I'd argue not printing money would be better in the longer term. Got to wonder what position we'd be in today if no QE every occurred.
    Inflation might come from the increase in price in imports, but you're right about QE.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    You might find that we can inflate our way out of this, unlike Eurozone members.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    So when is the UK going to call in the IMF this time? Time to press the reset button...
    You might find that we can inflate our way out of this, unlike Eurozone members.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Hopefully all the British working abroad will not be allowed home.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    So when is the UK going to call in the IMF this time? Time to press the reset button...
    Cheer up Germany has lots of new cheap labour thanks to Merkel.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    The cost of imports (whether raw materials, finished goods, or cheap EU labour for food packaging the like) increases at a rate faster than employers are willing to increase wages. The evidence for this is already on the wall, in real terms wages have not increased in the last 8 years. The only way spending can be maintained is to borrow. The end station is not pretty. It is better to accept a drop in living standards instead. Which is probably what the Tories want anyway.
    So we'll not got to worry about freezing to death yet and not do all the food shopping in M&S. Anyway, according to you Sterling would be at parity with the Euro by Christmas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X